Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Weekend Recap.. a few days late!

I had a big post ready to recap our very busy weekend. I uploaded a bunch of photos on here in what I THOUGHT was chronological order, but when they appeared on this page they were all out of order. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Anywho, here's a small recap of Joe's party weekend:

We had a small family party on his actual birthday which was Friday. He had a cupcake and really seemed to enjoy it!


This is Joe on his big party day with his own cake. He really seemed to like this as well!


A family snapshot after the party!

Our weekend was super busy! On Friday after the little party we went to the Kansas City Irish Fest. I enjoyed some nice tall cups of beer there! It's been awhile since I've had a few!

Saturday we had a family wedding and we had a great time!

Sunday was Joe's big party. It was wonderful! Joe LOVES Sesame Street so that was the party theme and I did not hold back in decorating. Party City has TONS of super cute 1st birthday Sesame Street themed decorations so I went hog-wild. At least I didn't buy a life-size stand up Elmo balloon like my hubby did! Joe was awesome during the party! Since Joe doesn't eat table food yet I was worried he wouldn't be interested in the cake. Boy, did he prove me wrong!

On Monday the weather was PERFECT so we took Joe on his first trip to the zoo! It was kind of crowded, but we had a good time. Joe was terrified of the llamas and the birds, but loved the elephants and hippos!

This weekend was so busy but so wonderful! All the eating and drinking caught up with me, however; I gained 0.6 of a lb at Weight Watchers tonight. I was actually pleased because I thought I would have gained a lot more! Only 4 more lbs now to my goal weight!

Hopefully I get Blogger figured out someday. I still don't know how to schedule my posts or put photos in order or hyperlink photos. Oh well!

Hope your weekend was fantastic!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe is so cute!! I love 1st birthday cake pictures! They are great!!!

Joe @ Defend Us In Battle said...

Awesome cake pics!

BTW - The Royals are officially mathematically eliminated from the Playoffs. Just wanted to let you know, as a Tigers fan to a Royals fan :)

Shelly said...

I too like first birthday cake pictures, but I can definitely do without the real life mess that comes with it! And we'll be doing that very soon...uhg. That's a wonderful family shot. You look great by the way!

Rebecca said...

Happy first birthday Joe! I love these pictures and I'm so glad the weekend was so great :).

Patty said...

What a happy little birthday boy!!!

Aren't these "firsts" the best? I love the cake shot. How adorable!

BTW, I can see your weight loss in the family photo. Way to go!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails