Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Goal Weight

In the craziness of last week I forgot to tell y'all something.

I made my goal weight!

I was nervous when I stepped on the scale last week. I knew I was so close to getting goal, but with my overactive imagination I figured I had gained 3 lbs or something.

The receptionist told me, "You did good this week!" I figured I had lost just a pound, which is better than gaining, but I just wanted to get this all over and done with. As she was handing me my weight record back she did a double take and said, "Wait a minute... you did it! You made goal! Congratulations!"

I am very, VERY happy! Now I begin the 6 week maintenance program. If I stay within 2 lbs of my goal weight I will become a Lifetime Member and won't have to pay for meetings. I'm nervous. I've never gained more the 0.6 of a pound, but I am just worried that something will go awry. I'll just stick with what I have been doing and hopefully I will see success!

My in-laws gave me a wonderful birthday present- a gift card to buy new clothes. It is so nice to try on clothes now! I'm going to have fun!

Thank you for all your encouragement on here. I was hesitant to write about my weight loss journey, but I am so glad I did!

High school: 98 lbs.
Party days: 111 lbs.
Pre-engagement: 125 lbs
Wedding: 115 lbs
After wedding: 130 lbs
Pre-pregnancy (Joe): 140 lbs
Joe’s birth: 199 lbs (I know… HOLY CRAP!)
After Joe’s birth: 135 lbs
Starting Weight Watchers: 146 lbs
September 2011: 120 lbs

First Weight Watchers Meeting: 146.6
2nd Week of WW: 141.2 (5.4 lbs lost)
3rd Week of WW: 139.6 (1.6 lbs lost)
4th Week of WW: 138.6 (1.0 lb lost)
5th Week of WW: 135.8 (2.8 lbs lost)
6th Week of WW: 135.4 (0.4 lbs lost)
7th Week of WW: 134.4 (1.0 lb lost)
8th Week of WW: 134.6 (0.2 lb gained)
9th Week of WW: 130.2 (4.4 lbs lost)
10th Week of WW: 130.0 (0.2 lb lost)
11th Week of WW: 127.8 (2.2 lbs lost)
12th Week of WW: 126.0 (1.8 lbs lost)
13th Week of WW: 124.8 (1.2 lbs lost)
14th Week of WW: 123.4 (1.4 lbs lost)
15th Week of WW: 124.0 (0.6 lb gained)
16th Week of WW: 122.4 (1.6 lbs lost)
17th Week of WW: 119.2 (3.2 lbs lost)

Here are some before and after photos. They aren't the best examples, but these are all I could find. The before photos were taken in May, right before I decided to join Weight Watchers.

BEFORE




AFTER




12 comments:

Alzbeta said...

Maggie, you look absolutely amazing!!!! You are an inspiration :).

Joy said...

You look great, have fun clothes shopping!!

Rebecca said...

Congratulations Maggie!

Anonymous said...

Great job, Maggie! I'm so happy for you. You did it!!! I LOVE shopping when I am not overweight. I can't wait to go myself in a few months and get a couple of new outfits after having Vincent.

yay you!!!

Colleen said...

Wow wow wow! I guess I better actually do this WW thing (I've been cheatin' like crazy!)

That Married Couple said...

You look great! Congrats!

Natalie said...

Congrats! You look great!! You can definitely maintain after all of your hard work!

Have a blast shopping for new clothes! You definitely deserve it!

Patty said...

Yowzer!! Look like a hot mama! :)

Seriously, awesome, fabulous job on this hard work. Way to go!!

happymomonline said...

It's amazing how just having a plan and sticking with it works, isn't it? Each time I attempt to lose the baby weight I go through a "I guess I'm just going to be a little heavier" phase and then end up kicking myself in the butt and doing it again. WW is great and has proven itself over and over again. But that doesn't make it easy. Here's a virtual high five for a job well done!

Catholic Mutt said...

Way to go! Congratulations!

Jamie said...

Maggie, you look incredible. You have such a beautiful spirit that it shines through no matter what. But I'm sure it feels great to be healthier and to fit better into clothes! Woo Hoo!

Amy said...

Congratulations on reaching your goal! Enjoy your shopping--lucky lady!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails