Friday, September 16, 2011

Almost there...

2.4

That's how many pounds I need to lose to get to my goal weight. I'm pretty excited and happy. I'm also impatient, but I know that slow and steady wins the race.

One reason I wanted to lose weight was so my wedding ring would fit again. A short time before I got pregnant I noticed my ring was a little snug (I had gained about 20 lbs since our wedding) and I was even starting to notice some wedding ring dermatitis. A few months into my pregnancy I had to store my wedding ring for good since I started getting gorilla fingers due to pre-eclampsia.

Since then I have had to get another new ring since the replacement ring I bought during pregnancy is too big. It's another cheapo from JC Penney.

Throughout my weight loss journey I have tried on my actual wedding ring many times. It wouldn't budge over my knuckle. When I was about 6 lbs away from goal I tried it on again and forced it over my knuckle... and... it finally was on my finger. It's been well over a year since I've worn my wedding ring. I smiled and admired it like it was my actual wedding day.

However, I noticed it was extremely difficult to get off. I had to get some soap to get it off my finger. I guess my hands put on a lot of weight that I can't burn off and my knuckles must be permanently big from my excessive swelling.

I've tried it on numerous time since then and it seems to be getting easier to get on and off. I'm still wondering if I should get it slightly enlarged to prevent wedding ring dermatitis and if I happen to swell during future pregnancies. I'm not sure what to do. We might go talk to a jeweler and get their opinion.

My dad got remarried this past weekend and the minister talked about the importance of a wedding ring. I am really hoping to get mine on again soon. I'm wondering if I will ever take it off.

I've lost just under 25 lbs and it feels amazing. It's awesome to be able to fit into jeans I couldn't even fit into before I got pregnant. But what means the most to me is to be able to run around with my son, wear the gorgeous wedding ring my husband picked out, and to add years to my life so I can take care of them and love them and our progenies for many years to come!

8 comments:

That Married Couple said...

Congrats Maggie! That's great! And I personally would consider getting it slightly enlarged - I know that depending on the weather mine can feel more or less snug! In the winter it's usually no problem though.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Maggie! That's so awesome. I am currently in the weight-loss post-pregnancy time, too. slow and steady does win the race.

As for the ring, I'd probably get it slightly enlarged if I were you. the weather makes a difference for me with mine. When I am at my goal weight though, my ring is a bit loose which is nice because typically I can make it through my pregnancies wearing it (although this time was different due to an excessive weight gain and a summer baby...but it IS back on now :) )

Patty said...

Maggie!!! Way to go!!! I could see such a difference in that family photo you put up last week. Keep up the VERY HARD work!

Emily said...

That's wonderful, Maggie! It is so nice to weigh a weight that isn't too hard to carry around. I've been enjoying it these past months-'cause for some reason I got pregnant, didn't have morning sickness, and still lost over 12 lbs. I've had to wear my wedding ring around my neck on a ribbon lately because it falls off my finger. The dry fall weather did me in. I could wear it when it was hot and humid if I kept an eye on it, but the first cool. dry day it slipped off my finger when I was folding laundry and freaked me out. It feels really weird to not have it on my finger. It's the first time I've ever had to not wear it. I am so glad for you that you can wear yours again.

not a minx, a moron, or a parasite said...

Congrats! You must feel so pumped! Great job!

Sarah said...

Maggie, that's great. I am doing ww too, and have lost 10 pounds. I'm still five away from my goal weight, but I'm losing motivation since I'm now back to the weight I was before I got pregnant, so all my clothes fit again. :)

I'd like to lose the last five, but if I don't that will be ok too.

Congrats to you, and I'm so glad your wedding ring fits again. How wonderful!

Catholic Mutt said...

Way to go!! That's so wonderful, and it's not easy to get there, so good job!

Colleen said...

Pictures, I want pictures! Before and AFTER!!! Yay you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails