Wednesday, March 30, 2011

10 Facts about Me and My Hubby

The wonderful Hallie over at Betty Beguiles has yet another fun idea! Here is a list of 10 facts about my husband and myself.

1.

We met during our 8:00 a.m. speech class in college. Ryan said he almost dropped the class since it was "too early for him" but when he saw me sitting there he decided to stay. :-)


2.

We were best friends before we started dating.


3.

I knew I wanted to marry him before we even started dating. It was the summer before we started dating and we had an impromptu "friend" date at Hooters. (Yeah, I know..) Afterwards we went and looked at puppies and drove around discussing that we both HAVE to have big front porches on our future homes. After he dropped me off I had the biggest gut feeling that "Oh my goodness... I want to marry him someday!" I was really freaked out!


4.

He is a city boy and I'm a small town girl. Now we live in a town that is even smaller than my rinky dink hometown!


5.

Ryan told me before we dated that he didn't think he'd ever get married.


6.

We are both VERY competitive. That makes playing video games and board games and any sport veeeeeery interesting! We scream and yell and call each other names, but end up laughing hysterically in the end!


7.

He has turned me into a comic book and sports nerd. I've turned him into a good Catholic boy.


8.

Our favorite date is simply going out to eat (McDonalds, Applebees.. nothing fancy) and out to a movie.


9.

Ryan was really nervous about me having a c-section. He doesn't handle blood and scalpels very well. But when they lifted Joe out of me and they told Ryan to stand up and look at his son he did without hesitation. He was so brave and strong!


10.

In April we will be married 2 years. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for us. We've already been blessed with one child born to heaven and another who turns 7 months on Saturday. I can't wait to expand our family and watch our love grow!


Head over to Betty Beguiles to tell her your own 10 facts!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

This is adorable! Thanks for sharing!!

Lena said...

thanks for sharing your blessings.
pax Christi - lena
(i'm here via betty beguiles)

Elisa said...

#1 is great. =) SO much fun! Loved reading these.

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! I love that you knew you wanted to marry him before you ever dated him. :)

Catholic Mutt said...

So fun! :)

Holly @ Three Sided Wheel said...

How fun! Thanks for sharing your list! I played along, too. Pop on over for a visit! www.threesidedwheel.wordpress.com

Colleen said...

He couldn't resist marrying YOU! How sweet :)

Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge said...

I love #9, at my first c-section, Jeff didn't know what it would look like so he stood up (plus it was our first baby!). Afterward he said he would NEVER do that again. Sure enough for 2 and 3 when the nurse anesthestist (sp?) told him he could stand up, of course he popped up out of his seat with NO hesitation :)

Louise said...

I love the story in #3. My husband and I were good friends before we started dating, too, and it worked out great for us. God bless! :)

Rae said...

Mwahah, I love #7. Yay for changing each other!

#10 sounds like it's leading to an announcement, but I wouldn't believe anything you posted on April 1 anyway!

priest's wife - S.T./ Anne Boyd said...

...about being competitive- we can get that way too- with backgammon! (very nerdy)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails