Friday, March 25, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday Vol. 20: TV Shows

My dear blogging friend Sarah had a great idea today for her 7 Quick Takes by showcasing some of her favorite TV shows. Since I am also a big TV fan, I thought I would follow her lead and feature some of my faves. I am a TV junkie (not as bad as I used to be)... so it was hard to narrow down this list!

Now, in no particular order (except I saved the best for last) I present my favorite TV shows.

1. Wheel of Fortune

My mom has pictures of me watching this long-running game show in my high chair. I am convinced that is how I learned my ABC's so quickly and how I was able to read at such a young age. I didn't need Sesame Street! Just give me some Vanna and Pat and I was golden! My mom also has pictures of me as a toddler pretending to be Vanna White. I thought I had them saved to my computer to show y'all, but, alas, I do not.

I still hope to maybe someday be a contestant on this show. The only problem is when I watch at home I am LOUD. When I "solve" the puzzle I scream it out. I do mean SCREAM. Also, if I happen to miss a letter or something I tend to curse. I don't think I would be an acceptable contestant.

2. The Middle

This show always cracks me up because it reminds me a lot of my family. It shows that no family is perfect and that's OK. Plus, it's supposed to take place in the Midwest (Indiana) and so I can relate more to it than other shows. It seems that most shows take place in California or New York City/East Coast, so it's nice to see a show where the dad wears a Colts jersey.

3. The Office
I remember when my mom told me I should watch this show because it was funny. It kind of confused me because it is shot like a documentary, so I was wondering if it was supposed to be real, funny or serious. But after the first episode I was hooked. I would LOVE to work in an office like this. I think it's cool how the writers of the show are also the actors. Too bad the show will probably be ending soon since Steve Carell who plays Michael Scott is leaving the show after this season. I mean he makes that show hilarious!

I have to share my favorite Dwight K. Schrute quote:

"Before I do anything, I think, 'Would an idiot do this thing?' And if the answer is, 'Yes,' then I do not do that thing."


4. Full House
Sigh... this is one of my favorite all time shows. It makes me all nostalgic-like. I own all the episodes on DVD. I love the witty commentary, the goofy antics, the serious plinky-planky music when they have a serious talk at the end of show.

I had the Michelle talking doll, a Full House picture book and a poster of Uncle Jesse and Michelle. That opened the door to loving Mary-Kate and Ashley Olson... which... that love has now disappeared.

I love this show so much that I picked the Beach Boys song "Forever" that Jesse sang to Rebecca at their wedding for Ryan's and my first dance at our wedding. It really is a pretty song!

The only thing that disheartens me is Bob Sagat's current comedy routine. Danny Tanner has turned into a pervert!!!


5. Everybody Loves Raymond
Another Patricia Heaton show. I love her. Do you know she's an honorary chair for Feminists for Life?

I love shows about family. I especially love funny shows about family. This is one of my mom's favorites as well and I enjoy watching it with her.

6. Friends

Another series where I own every single episode. I had to replace one season because I wore out the discs. I have seen every single episode multiple times. My best friend and I can quote this show pretty much verbatim. This show has gotten me through many a bad day. I just cuddle up on the couch, snuggle with a blanket, eat loads of chocolate, watch Friends and soon I am in a better mood.

I was so sad when they decided to stop filming but I think they ended the series perfectly. Yeah, it was the typical makeBold everybody happy ending, but those are my favorite kinds of endings!


7. LOST


I was just thinking the other day how much I miss this show. I miss the confusion and frustration each week after it would end. I just cannot explain the awesomeness of this show. I can't really explain anything in it because it's just too confusing! Only fellow LOSTIES would know what I am talking about!
Have a great weekend everyone!

9 comments:

not a minx, a moron, or a parasite said...

I love Everybody Loves Raymond! I always crack up watching that show!

Anonymous said...

I love all of those! Especially LOST and Friends!

Joy said...

Am so enjoying this theme.
I put my top 7 in the combox of Sarah's blog.
'Friends' just missed my list but I definitely get the attraction.

Sarah said...

I really loved Full House too (it almost made the list!). I could relate to DJ because her mom died, and so did mine. (Not to be totally depressing, but it made me happy.)

I like everybody loves Raymond and Friends too. It's hard to pick! :)

Shelly said...

Oh my goodness, my list would pretty much be identical!! Love those shows!!

Catholic Mutt said...

Love Friends and Lost! And I know what you mean, I am really missing all the theorizing about what could possibly be going on and what might happen next. My friends and I might have been a wee bit obsessed with Lost.

Melissa said...

Great picks! And my husband does the same thing with his favorite game show Jepardy, we keep joking htat he really should be a contestant because the amount of weird information that man knows is ridiculous.

Katie @ Song of a Sunflower said...

I love how often you update the pictures of baby Joe on the blog title...such a sweet, cute baby!

As for Full House, I love watching the reruns even today! I laughed out loud when you mentioned Danny Tanner's comedy routine...so true!

Intentionally: Amy said...

I love Full House! I do find the humor corney but isn't that why we all love it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails