Thursday, March 10, 2011

Joe's First Ash Wednesday

Joe celebrated his first Ash Wednesday yesterday! A couple days ago I asked on my facebook wall if babies could get ashes and many people said yes! I guess I've just never seen a baby with ashes on their forehead. I held Joe's hands down because I was afraid he'd do one of his spazz-out-hands-in-the-air moves, but he just looked up at Father and stared all wide-eyed and curious! Isn't he adorable?!

Hooray for Lent!

Mommy and Joe with our matching ashes!

OK, so this has nothing to do with Ash Wednesday or Lent, but by golly, it's too darn cute not to share!



6 comments:

not a minx, a moron, or a parasite said...

Aww, you and your son are so cute! How interesting that he received ashes. During the prayer service I went to, the priest discussed how children who are under the age of 7 (age of reason) do not receive ashes because they are not sinners. I wonder if it is something that is left up to the priests to decide?

That Married Couple said...

Oh, I wish I had thought to take a picture of Miriam with her ashes! Joe is such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

My babies have all gotten ashes. Helen was only 6 days old! even babies are "...dust and to dust they shall return" :)

Cute pics!!!

Joy said...

Cute pics!

Rae said...

This is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. Yay ashes on babies!

And slightly off-topic, you look great. I love your smile.

Hallie @ Moxie Wife said...

I love that picture of the two of you! You are absolutely beautiful and that boy of yours is beyond cute. What lies beyond cute? Well, I don't really know but he's definitely there. My Zelie approved. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails