Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Dress

I've been somewhat of a Mrs. Poopie Pants lately, so I thought I'd lighten things up around here!

The lovely Hallie at Betty Beguiles has invited us to describe The Dress. What a fun topic!

I remember dreaming of the perfect dress long before I even met Ryan. I would even buy bridal magazines just to get ideas for my future wedding day.

I always dreamed of my wedding dress being a Cinderella-type ball gown. I watched that movie nearly everyday when I was little. I remember my uncle had gone to a wedding and their favors were in small plastic "glass" slippers, and he gave one to me. I dreamed of a big fancy Cinderella wedding.

Years later, when it came down to the wedding plans, the one thing I cared about (besides the sacrament, of course) was my family and friends being there. We had a very large guest list, but I wanted a simple wedding. No fancy expensive centerpieces or flowers from an expensive shop. No bands, no world class caterer.

I wanted the same simplicity for my dress. I did try on the Cinderella ball gowns. They were absolutely beautiful, but they weren't me. I felt like I was playing dress up and with my short stature I looked kind of ridiculous. I decided to go simple yet elegant.



My dress was a strapless satin gown with a chiffon overlay. It had a sweetheart neckline with a flowered beaded bodice.



The train was a sweep train. I wanted a longer one, but like I said before, with me being a shortie, this one looked the best.




I absolutely loved the back of the dress!

I have no regrets about my dress. I do remember being kind of nervous because I thought my dress was a little too plain and simple for such a fancy church. Many of the reviews of my dress stated this dress was used in a lot of beach weddings. But I decided that I wanted to feel comfortable, happy and beautiful in my dress- and I did feel that way. I love love love my dress. I had it preserved and hope that my future daughters might be interested in wearing it to their own wedding!



Perfect dress. Perfect day. Perfect man for me. I am so blessed!


13 comments:

Allie said...

I happened to see your comments over at Hallie's blog. Love the dress! I'm a plain and simple dress person myself, so I totally relate, and I think you picked a winner. ^_^

Patty said...

I LOVE that dress! I love simplicity, elegance and beauty and you can have it all with a dress like that.

Hallie @ Moxie Wife said...

Oh my goodness! You're absolutely stunning! The church isn't half bad either! ;)

Thank you so much for sharing these with me (us)! What a treat!

Janet said...

Thanks for sharing. Just beautiful.

Colleen said...

Just gorgeous!! I had an even more simple dress...totally my style. You were so stinkin' skinny on your wedding day...I wish!

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful dress. I will have to do this...but I don't think I have any good clear pictures (our wedding was *just* before digital was mainstream for weddings...)

That Married Couple said...

Beautiful dress and beautiful you! (And beautiful church!)

Rae said...

I agree with all the comments! It seems like you made the perfect decision and I think the dress fits in well with the church!

Unknown said...

Wow, the back is gorgeous!

Church Supplies said...

The lace up back is absolutely stunning!! What an exciting time in your life. :)

Lacey R said...

Your wedding dress suited you perfectly, it looked lovely on you. Really nice photos too!

p.s. cute photos on your blog header!! :)

Kate Wicker said...

Beautiful!

(And it's okay to be Mrs. Poopie Pants every once in awhile!)

Sarah said...

The back of the dress is so beautiful! You looked just gorgeous. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails