Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wondering Wednesdays Vol. 12: How Far I'd Go for a Pregnancy Craving

Today for my Wondering Wednesday post....

I am wondering how far I would really go to open a can of spaghettios when the only can opener we own is packed away at our new house.

I'm also wondering how long it would have taken for me to chop off my fingers if I would have continued chopping away at the can lid.

I invite you to write about your own wonderings/ponderings. They can be silly (like this one) or serious. Half the time I just write my wondering Wednesday posts to flesh out my thoughts that I have bumping around in my noggin. In some posts I do look for feedback (not on this one, obviously. Unless you want to share your own story of how to open things when you don't have the right tools!) Elizabeth from That Married Couple and the gentlemen at Defend Us In Battle have started their own Wondering Wednesday posts. Feel free to join us!

Here are the tools I tried to get the can open!


I decided to stop stabbing the can for fear I would chop my fingers off!


My dog had a Wondering Wednesday of his own- "I wonder what the heck she is doing!!!"



3 comments:

Colleen said...

You are crazy! I was in a similar situation once and just used the pointy end of a bottle opener and made little holes all around the lid of the can and then pried it back with a knife. When Momma's hungry...watch out!! :)

Maggie @ From the Heart said...

Haha... I know I'm crazy! I was on the phone with my mom asking her if there was an old fashioned way of opening cans. When I told her I was using a knife she said in a very stern voice- "Put. down. the butcher knife!"

I would have used a bottle opener... but that is also packed away!

Rebecca said...

You mean your crazy neighbors don't have a can opener?


Just wondering.... ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails