Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Stress-Proof Your Marriage

Stress-Proof Your Marriage by Cory and Heidi Busse is a quick read, but an excellent one. I read the book in one sitting, but I found myself truly interested in what the authors had to say and was nodding my head in agreement nearly the entire time I was reading. The book is peppered with humor and I found myself laughing out loud quite a bit. (I understood why when I read the back cover and found out that Mr. Busse is a former stand-up comedian.)

They start off the book by explaining that no marriage is perfect and that all marriages have their share of ups and downs. I believe this is so important for married couples to remember. It seems that too many marriages fail because once the going gets tough, too many people throw in the towel. Faced with Original Sin and the Fall of Adam and Eve, we are faced with challenges in any relationship. Mr. and Mrs. Busse touch on this beautifully.

The authors then get into their tips on how to stress-proof a marriage. They draw from their own experience from their twelve year marriage plus some outside sources. Their tips range from everyday matters such as finances, eating together, intimacy and communication to spiritual matters of going to Mass together and praying. The advice they give is practical and can be used by all married couples.

I believe this book can be a beneficial tool for all married couples- from newlyweds to "veteran" married couples. I also think this book would be great for engaged couples to read as well to prepare them for the adventure of marriage.

This review was written as part of the Catholic books reviewer program from The Catholic Company. Visit The Catholic Company to find more information on Stress-Proof Your Marriage.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

This looks good, and I love reading anything about having a better marriage, because I love my hubby so much and want him to be the HAPPIEST!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails