Thursday, June 3, 2010

Just Keep Praying....


Do you remember that part in the Disney movie Finding Nemo where Dory tries to cheer up Marlin? "Cheer up Grumpy Gills... you know what you gotta do when life gets you down? Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming..."

Well I need that as my mantra, except replace the word swimming with praying. Ryan was informed today that he did not get the job we were so hoping he would get. I can tell you that I was not a happy camper when we got this news. I've been feeling down lately and this was just the last straw for me. It was very tempting to start getting mad at God. It is so hard to accept God's will when you pray so hard. I was praying so hard that I would squeeze my eyelids together real tight (like that makes God change his mind or something...)

But I'm not going to get mad at God. I'm not going to do my usual routine when God doesn't answer a prayer how I want and start stomping my feet and sticking out my lower lip. I'm not going to shut him out. I'm still really confused as to why Ryan didn't get the job. I know that God doesn't grant any prayer requests that might harm us or ultimately not be good for us, but I still wonder why? I am really worried about the future. My prayer for God right now is, "What's next?" I'm trying to be positive.

I just wanted to keep you all updated and thank you for your prayers.

6 comments:

Catholic Mutt said...

Oh no! Sorry to hear he didn't get the job. However, I'm glad to hear that you're more mature about it than I am. I usually do throw the tantrum. I don't know if it helps or not, but there have been some prayers that I've had that have gone "unanswered" for months, some of them years, and many of them seem to all be getting answered at once. Now I see that if it had happened differently, the timing would not have been right. Though it still frankly stinks in the middle of waiting!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that Ryan didn't get the job. :( I have a hard time with praying sometimes. I mean, when I am praying so hard (as you describe)...it often starts to feel more like I'm asking God to give me what I want so bad instead of asking God to show me His plan. and then...even when I ask God to show me His plan...yeah...He doesn't always show me what I want to see.

We will continue to keep you and your family in our prayers.

Joy said...

So sorry your husband did not get the job, will continue pray ~ have from time to time (including now) had find the patience to in peace and not anger say "okay if not THAT then WHAT?"

HUGS!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that Ryan didn't get it. I'll def. keep you three in my prayers. I hope you have a relaxing weekend! :)

Katie said...

Your words of faith were so uplifting to read just now! I'll be praying for you 3 as well. :-)

Rae said...

I thought that I had commented on this!

I too am sorry that Ryan didn't get the job. I went through something very similar with Josh's work situation and it was really hard since it wasn't like I could easily make up a reason why it might not be the best thing. Some things will become clear in time, some things we'll never know. But your effort to be positive is good, that I know right now. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails