Friday, December 11, 2009

Blog Awards!

Oh my goodness...I have received my first blog award! (Am I complete nerd for being uber excited about this?) I am honored to receive this award from Sarah at Fumbling Toward Grace. She is a wonderful friend who writes about being a wife, good books, and life as a Catholic woman. Go stop by her blog!

In order to accept this blog award I have to list ten things you may or may not know about me. I'm a quirky girl, so I may actually get to ten...we'll see!


1. I have two tattoos, a butterfly on my heel and a Chinese symbol for love on my back. (I am aware that the Chinese symbol may not mean love...it could mean toilet brush. Oh well, live and learn!)

2. I played clarinet in high school.

3. I collected unicorns and ducks when I was little. (Told you I was quirky.)

4. My eyes change colors depending on my mood. (Helpful tool for my husband!)

5. My big brother walked me down the aisle at my wedding.

6. I have tried out for a Broadway musical.

7. (OK...this is getting harder..) I've never flown in an airplane; although a couple years ago I was planning on sky diving. So my first time in a plane would have ended up in me jumping out of it!

8. I hate, I mean HATE, getting tickled. I practically turn into the Hulk.

9. My all time favorite movie is Return to Me. Romantic, funny, not trashy, with Catholicism in it!

10. My Confirmation saint is St. Cecilia, saint of musicians.

I'd like to pass on this Sugar award to Kate at Momopoly. She is a very busy stay at home mom of three adorable daughters and a fantastic writer. She's a great inspiration as a Catholic wife and mother and has helped and encouraged me in my dreams of being a free-lance writer. Thank you Kate!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Well deserved! Isn't it fun to get awards? I love it.

I am going to send you an email...wondering if we might have some mutual acquaintances/friends from Benedictine. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I didn't comment/email to tell you about the award. I meant to this afternoon, then had a bout of sleepiness and needed a nap. :/

You deserve it. Also, Return to me is one of my top 5 movies too! :)

Maggie @ From the Heart said...

Sarah- no worries about letting me know about the award. I check your blog everyday so it was a pleasant surprise! Thanks again!

Kate Wicker said...

Maggie, thank you so very much for your kind words. You made my morning!

You should write about your experience auditioning for a Broadway musical. That is so cool! Once upon a time I was in L.A. with dreams of being an actress. I have plans to write about it one of these days.

My eyes change colors, too. :)

Thanks again for the award. I'm honored.

Blessings!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails