Monday, December 7, 2009

In a Funk


I feel like a selfish child. I feel mad. I feel empty. And there's no reason why I should feel these things. I'm just in a spiritual funk. I've felt that way since Friday, and maybe it is because Ryan worked evenings this weekend and I felt really lonely. I should be thankful that I did get to spend time with him before he left for work....but like I said, I feel like a selfish child. I feel another spiritual dry spell coming on. During Advent. Awesome. I wish I could have my big brother's thankful attitude toward God right now. (Here comes the selfish child again...) I guess instead of wasting time reading blogs and feeling sorry for myself I should focus on the big picture.

I don't have a lot of time to blog today. I could ramble on and on and on about my feelings, but today my husband is in Kansas City searching for a new job. We've been praying hard for this. We've felt stuck in a rut for awhile. We're waiting for the next step in our lives. This could be it...but we have to prepare ourselves that it may not be "it" yet. Maybe my mixed feelings of nervousness and excitement are adding to the funk. But no matter what, God's will be done.

Instead of writing a lament of "Why me? I wanted Advent to be special this year!' I'll leave you with some YouTube videos. The first one is very clever, and you've probably seen it because I've seen it buzzing around different blogs. (I found it at Creative Minority Report.) The other one is a good one to think about during this busy holiday season. Enjoy!

*If you don't mind...if you have a minute, please offer up a prayer for us.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll pass along a hug and a prayer for you.

Anonymous said...

Funks are the worst. It makes prayer feel like a drag, yet you know that ultimately it's the only thing that will really help. I'll be praying for you.

I LOVE the Advent Conspiracy video, I sent it to just about everyone I know. Wonderful! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails