Thursday, December 10, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday Vol. 3

1.

Last Monday I mentioned my husband went to apply for a new job. He'll find out about in a month if it will work out. This is definitely an exercise of patience for us. It may or may not work out, but no matter what happens I know things will work out eventually. Above all- God's will be done.

2.

My big brother has begun the process of becoming a deacon. It is a four-year process of discernment. He is such an amazing and spiritual man and I know he will make an amazing deacon if God chooses him to take that path. He's also a bit of a goof so I know he'll give some great homilies. (Anyone who can give a Harry Potter reference with a spiritual topic has my attention!) If he does become a deacon I can't wait for him to baptize my future children. (Not meaning to put pressure on you Jamie!) I'm sure he won't mind me asking for prayers for his journey in becoming a deacon.

3.

I just love the way Christmas lights look at night. I love sitting at my computer catching up on some of my favorite blogs, sipping a cup of tea, all in the glow of the lights from my tree, front window and entertainment center. It is so peaceful.

4.

My hometown in northwest Missouri got slammed with snow earlier this week. They got about 10 inches! Here in Waverly we got about an inch. I know this sound silly, but I just LOVE snow! Well, technically I love the first snow of the year and snow at Christmas. And I guess you could add to that list any snow that I don't have to drive in. I don't like it when it gets all dirty and slushy and gross. And of course when it snows I think back to the days when I could go what seemed like all day long outside sledding, building snowmen and having snowball fights. I could spend forever out there...now I'm lucky if I can survive 10 minutes in the cold. I'm a weenie now...

5.

I should probably go to confession for being so gluttonous during this holiday season. My excuse is that I only indulge like this once a year. And I usually don't like sweets but around this time of year my rare sweet tooth hungers! But here are some of my holiday goodie favorites. Please don't judge me!


Ryan and I discovered Candy Cane Chill Blizzards while we were dating in Atchison. Many times after a night of studying or after a rough exam we'd run out and get these. I haven't had one this year since the nearest Dairy Queen is 50 miles away!

I loooooove candy canes. Of course the normal red and white are my faves, but these are also pretty good. However they are so sweet I don't eat them very often. The only problem is they practically dye one's teeth and tongue the color that you eat. Don't eat them before you go to work. (Not like I've done that before or anything...)


Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes are fabulous!

They are like Little Debbie Zebra Cakes, but the thing that makes them extra yummy are the green sparkles.

I know some people who give up something during Advent, like during the time of Lent. Maybe I should give up sweets next Advent.

6.

With all that talk of sweets I'm thinking how much I need to start working out. I am lacking some serious motivation. Eating healthy is not a problem, it's actually getting off my rear and exercising. Sigh...I don't want to even think about New Year's Resolutions...

7.

I love getting Christmas cards! I walk up our very long driveway to check the mail each day with high hopes of getting that festive card in the mail with those special Christmas stamps. We've only received three so far, and I still get all giddy when I see "Ryan and Maggie Crawford" written together (I hope that newlywed bliss lasts awhile!) Of course me being the procrastinator I am I haven't even bought cards to send out....

2 comments:

Kate Wicker said...

Prayers for your husband and his potential new job.

I've been a complete glutton, too. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day.

God bless you.

Maggie @ From the Heart said...

Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails