Thursday, December 17, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday Vol. 4

1.

On Thursday my husband and I went Christmas shopping. I was beyond annoyed, grouchy and tired. The mall was packed and I'm just not that into shopping. The one thing that made the trip enjoyable was that I got to spend quality time with my husband and see all the adorable kiddos in line to see Santa Claus. I think I wouldn't have been such a Grinch if we didn't have to drive over an hour to get to the mall.

2.

I have wedding ring dermatitis! The skin underneath my ring is itchy, red and irritated. I know what caused it- ever since my miscarriage I have never taken my ring off, not in the shower or at bed time. Moisture got trapped underneath and has reeked havoc on my skin. I have to keep my ring off until it heals. I hate it- I feel naked without my ring! Every once in awhile I'll look down and have a heart attack thinking I lost it somewhere. Once it heals I'll probably start taking it off whenever I wash my hands, shower and put lotion on, but now I'll be paranoid that I will lose it!

3.

In the last couple weeks I've seen a couple people have their Facebook status as "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints." That saying just drives me crazy! I think a blog post about heaven and hell in regards to this quote may be written in the near future.

4.

I found out tonight I am singing a solo for Midnight Mass. I've sang solos in church since I was junior in high school and I still get horrible stage fright. St. Cecilia, pray for me!

5.

Ryan and I exchanged our Christmas gifts tonight. I got him an Xbox video game and he got me a very nice blow dryer. We are both VERY pleased with our gifts! Years from now when we look back and remember what we got each other for our first Christmas as a married couple we will probably laugh!

6.

On Wednesday Ryan came home from work and a lady there had given him and his co-workers some sort of banana bread as a Christmas gift. It was baked in a cylindrical form. (How do you do that? Don't judge...I'm a cooking novice!) Well, I decided to eat a piece and oh. my. goodness. IT IS GOOOOOOOD! There has to be some sort of drug in there because I cannot stop eating it! There's a little tiny itsy bitsy piece left for my husband...that is if I don't get to it first...

7.

My friend Sarah at Fumbling Toward Grace mentioned in her 7 Quick Takes that she cheers on a certain undefeated team. I think I'll move to Colts country! For the second week in a row there is a threat that my beloved Kansas City Chiefs will be blacked out. Although...I think blacking out the game is actually a blessing in disguise....it is NOT pretty to watch them lose so horribly week after week. But they are still my team and I love 'em. And like I always say- there's always next year!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Awww, first Christmas's are special. :) ANd you can buy special round pans for making round bread, or you can just use an empty cleaned out can.

That Married Couple said...

2. Oh gosh, my friend had that happen to her! It was horrible, and she never let it heal properly, so it would flare up again every so often. You're right, that is a horrible feeling.

4. Good luck! I've never heard you sing, but I'm sure you'll do great!

5. For our first Christmas, I got my husband old man gifts: pajama pants, slippers, etc. But that's what he wanted!

Milehimama @ Mama Says said...

Growing up, a family friend always sent us a cylinder of banana or pumpkin bread - baked right into a coffee can and shipped!

Pampered Chef sells special bread tubes, too.

Kerrie @ TFK said...

My sister-in-law has wedding ring dermatitis...after a few breakouts, she had some kind of coating put on the inside of the ring....no breakouts since.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails