Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Man Card

My husband and I aren't really that into St. Valentine's Day. Yeah, it's SAINT Valentine's Day... named after a SAINT. Hallmark and Kay Jewelers did not invent this holiday. But I think I'm preaching to the choir here.

Anywho, like I said, we don't really celebrate. Ryan did get me Breaking Dawn Part 1 on Saturday (but I would have bought that regardless) and I let him get a video game. Those were our gifts to each other. No card. No nothing else.

But then my husband who is just too too good to me surprised me this morning. I woke up and there was a HUGE box of chocolates and a hilarious card. My chocolate craving goes skyhigh when I'm pregnant, so the big box of Russel Stovers were a joyous sight.

But then I felt guilty. I didn't even buy Ryan a card. I know he doesn't care about that stuff, but I wanted to get him SOMETHING to show him I care.

I got a piece of paper, some camo duct tape and paint pens and made a pretty testosterone-themed St. Valentine's Day card. Duct tape and paint... pretty manly if you ask me.

Who needs Hallmark OR Pinterest. I can get pretty creative if I want to!

Hope you all have a great St. Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

Neen said...

My husband always gets me something and I never do. He tells me it is making me happy. I love that he spoils me. I hope you continue to have a great day.

Katie@NFP and Me said...

Good job Ryan! And nicely done with the camo card! :)

Lacey R said...

Camo duct tape? Oh where did you get it, Hubs would love that!

We don't really do much for Valentine's, we had a nice supper at home and tomorrow we are going out for supper but otherwise it is fairly low-key. We do sweet things for each other throughout the year.

Patty said...

Great idea! Happy Valentine's day to you and your family!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails