Friday, July 1, 2011

Growing and Growing...

What happened to my itty bitty baby boy?



Tomorrow Joe turns 10 months old. The double digits... wow. I'm sure some of you are sick of the "Oh woe, woe, woe... my darling baby is growing up entirely too fast" posts, but I am just in amazement at how fast these last 10 months have gone.

He is turning out to be such a boy (which is good, considering that is indeed his gender.) He loves to hide in his own little fort.

He loves to play with cars and trucks- especially crash them together!


He loves to get messy, although I'm sure most babies do. But seeing him all covered in spaghetti makes me think of what he'll be like in the toddler years...


He's growing more and more hair everyday! A few months ago I kept thinking to myself that it is hard to imagine Joe with a full head of hair. Well, he's slooooooowly getting there!


He loves to play outside and explore. He isn't content just playing in one room. He has to go everywhere. I remember the days of just setting him in his bouncer and being able to go to the bathroom in piece or browse the internet. Those days are no more!


He makes the funniest expressions. It is very hard to bathe him in a regular bath tub. He just wants to stand even though he can't stand independently. Bathing him in the baby pool is much easier!


You can see some little teethers in this picture. He just popped one on top a week ago and another one is getting ready to come out very soon. No more gummy old man grins... he's going to look like such a big boy with those two top teeth!



He went to his first concert a couple weeks ago. Brewer and Shipley, of all people. He loved it! We are now discovering how much he loves music!


Sticking out his tongue. Typical boy!


Terrorizing my mom's cat. Another typical boy move. He's crawling after her in this picture.



Joe loves to stand and would stand all day long if he were able. He also loves to rip the ALT key off my computer.


Such a big boy!


He's not too sure about swimming...


He is growing up so fast. He is becoming his own little person with his own personality. Some of his baby fat has melted away now that he's crawling all over the place. It kind of makes me sad. A girl from my hometown celebrated her baby boy's 1 year birthday this past weekend. I looked at the photos from the party and I actually got teary-eyed. In two short months that will be my own little boy. Crossing from babyhood to toddler hood... it's such a big change and this change is happening so fast.

I know I shouldn't be all mopey. Maybe it's because I'm PMS-ing and I have baby fever, but I just can't help feeling all mushy gushy about my baby boy!


Happy 10 months, my darling Joe. You are growing up to be more than we ever could have imagined!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh my gosh - I LOVE all of the pictures! Joe is so so so cute :). It is hard to believe he is almost 1 - wow, time flies.

Dacia said...

He makes the silliest faces!! I love it. :) Happy 10m joe. Every mom knows exactly what you are talking about, it goes way too fast! Enjoy every second.

Joy said...

Loving all the pictures ~ such a happy baby!
Happy 10 month Joe!

not a minx, a moron, or a parasite said...

Happy 10 months, Joe! He's such a delightful, funny boy from what you show us :)

Colleen said...

I love his rolls - I hope he doesn't lose all of them! And toddlerhood is even better than babyhood :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails