Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Mish Mash

I have a whole lot to write and not enough time to write it! I'm working on my third and final part of my series. It will focus on how difficult it was for me to bond with my son, the challenges of new mommyhood, and thinking about baby #2.

It's NFP Awareness Week! The Catholic blogosphere is bursting with all sorts of NFP posts! I wanted to write about how different NFP is after having a baby. But all I can really say is that now there are a lot less check marks in that special coitus box on my chart than there is before Joe was born, and Ryan and I are totally OK with that! :-)

I weighed in at WW yesterday. I lost 4.4 lbs! So far that I've lost 16.4 lbs and am at 130.2 lbs. I'm now below pre-pregnancy weight an it feels pretty good!

I'm also in the process of writing a post about photographs. Do you scrapbook, do photo books, print them off and put them in albums? I'm conflicted. :-)

On a sad note, please pray for one of my college professors. His newborn son passed away after a premature birth (at 23 weeks, I believe) but by the grace of God was able to receive baptism before he took his last breath. This professor is a very good and holy man who embraces his Catholic faith and does a darn good job at teaching it. I'm pretty sure he could be a saint someday. Please pray for him and his family.

That's all, folks! I have a very ornery almost 11 month old who is causing havoc! Must go chase!

3 comments:

Alzbeta said...

Ah... NFP after a baby... we're still learning so much with all that.

On a side note, I have lots of picture ideas :). I do a photo book. Currently, I'm doing one a year, but there are lots of ways you can do it. I design the pages myself and then go from there. I also hang a lot of them and make sure our parents have updated pictures for their albums and walls (one uses more albums and one uses more wall-space). We also do a small family book every year (it's a 5x5 soft cover) that includes a couple of pages for each of my siblings and their families and then each family gets one as well as my grandparents/ aunts/ uncles, etc. There are so many fun things to do, you just need to decide what you have the time and energy for. If you don't want to put a huge amount of time into it, hop onto shutterfly or a similar site, pick out a template and pop the photos in - it will be adorable and done quickly :).

Emily said...

NFP postpartum=royal pain in the behind. Ugh. Nothing has hurt our marriage more, made us angrier, more frustrated...it's truly a very difficult cross to bear, that of being very fertile, having a young baby and feeling the need to postpone pregnancy. I'm glad for your sake you handle abstinence okay. I don't. I about needed anti-depressants six months ago, and I'm not even kidding.

I print photos when I have the time and will to walk two blocks to Walgreens with the kids. Otherwise, I back them up on CD for a day when I am ready to print. I only print the good ones, though I CD them all.

Beth said...

Hi! I've wandered around your blog for a while, and am finally saying hi! I've really appreciated your posts on your c-section because it is so honest and real.

We learned NFP post partum and it was nuts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails