Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Weight Loss Update: Week 5

I thought I'd update y'all on my weight loss journey.

The past few weeks have been rough. During week 3 of WW I only lost 1.6 lbs. I thought it would be more. But WW guidelines state that when using the program, losing 1-2 lbs a week is the healthy way to go. I didn't let it get me down too much.

The next week I worked really hard at tracking my food and exercising a lot. When I weighed in I had only lost 1 lb. Now, I'm going to be crass and TMI-ish here, but I could lose 1 lb. in one day after taking a large #2. I was really discouraged. I thought it would be a lot more.

I'm not sure why I was so disappointed. Maybe losing 5.4 lbs in one week made me think that I could do that every week. Plus, I'm an American- I was results NOW!

I shouldn't have been bummed. I had met my 5% fat loss goal and had lost 8 lbs total. The program was working, but I, being the impatient perfectionist that I am, was getting upset.

Tracking and exercising this past week was hard. I don't think I even had time to exercise at all (except I did switch car seats in a 1000 degree garage with exceptional difficulty... that HAS to count as exercise!) and I pigged out a little too much. I was getting frustrated with the counting points and tracking. I went grocery shopping with my mom and gazed at all the fattening food that I normally would gorge on with longing.

Tonight was my weigh in. I was expecting a small loss, or perhaps even have gained weight. I lost 2.8 lbs! Funny how things work out! So that means I have lost 10.8 lbs! Almost half way to my goal weight!

There is a slight problem: my family reunion is next weekend. I doubt I track or exercise, but I will try very hard to limit myself from pigging out.

To recap:

First Weight Watchers Meeting: 146.6
2nd Week of WW: 141.2 (5.4 lbs lost)
3rd Week of WW: 139.6 (1.6 lbs lost)
4th Week of WW: 138.6 (1.0 lb lost)
5th Week of WW: 135.8 (2.8 lbs lost)

Total pounds lost: 10.8 lbs

Goal weight: 120 lbs







7 comments:

happymomonline said...

Keep up the good work and don't stress about everything while you're gone on vacation. Just try to keep from eating too many sweets - I know that I'm better off not even starting because I have trouble stopping! :-)

Catholic Mutt said...

Way to go! One year when I was really trying to lose weight (close to 20 lbs overweight) and I hadn't had much success when the holidays started to approach. I decided that I wouldn't try too hard to lose weight, but just try not to gain weight. So when all the good food was around, I'd allow myself a one small to medium portion of whatever I wanted for meals and ONE dessert (sadly, I normally try to sample them all). And I didn't snack between meals. It worked, and I didn't feel too deprived. And that was the one family get together that I didn't feel bloated and gross the whole time. Good luck and have fun!

Joy said...

Congratulations ~ half-way, that is terrific!

Jenny :D said...

You are doing great!! Love you!!

Katie said...

Family reunions cause so much laughing that it's actually a real calorie burner! Win:win! Enjoy your family get together!

Sarah said...

Maggie, you are doing so great! I, on the other hand, am a dismal failure. I've joined weight watchers for real this week (with a friend on my street who lost 85 lbs! a few years ago with WW), and I'm going to my first meeting on Sat. morning. I also quit curves since they are never open, and joined the Y instead. We'll see how it goes. That's why I haven't written on the other blog, because I have been eating everything in sight and being a general loser!

But you are doing so well!

Rae said...

Good for you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails