Thursday, July 14, 2011

Weight Loss Update: Week 7






Just checking in with y'all about my weight loss journey.

The week after the 4th of July I was very nervous about weighing in. I will admit that I pigged out big time that weekend. To make matters a little more complicated, I had to weigh in on Tuesday intead of Wednesday night because I was leaving the next day to go to my family reunion.

I went to one of those Weight Watcher centers where they are there all day and you can just drop in to weigh in or buy products. I went in and started chit chatting with the receptionist. I told her I was dreading this weigh in and she started talking my head off about how not to beat myself up.

I weighed in and she said, "You're only up .4 a pound. That's not bad at all!" Even though I was slightly bummed about gaining I was just glad it wasn't more. I bought some WW bars and went back to my van to leave.

I looked at my weight record and I immediately noticed that she did her math wrong. I didn't GAIN .4 of a pound. I had LOST that much! I called my mom to make sure I was right and asked her if I should go back in and say something. .4 of a pound may not seem like a lot, but after you've pigged out all weekend and are desperately trying to lose weight, that .4 of a pound matters!

I went back in and showed her the mistake. She immediately apologized and started talking my head off again.

This past weekend was my family reunion. I had big plans to track carefully and eat right. Those plans did NOT last long. One of the games we played was cookie face race. You put a cookie on your forhead and use your facial muscles to move it to your mouth. Well I had to demonstrate this for a lot of people, so many cookies were consummed. (For examples, see above pictures.) Plus we had awesome BBQ catered in and I couldn't skimp on that good stuff!

I weighed in yesterday expecting a gain. To my surprise and delight I lost a pound! (Although I think this might have something to do with not gaining a lot.)

I'm getting back to tracking again. It's kind of hard when you've stopped for a few days!

So far...


First Weight Watchers Meeting: 146.6
2nd Week of WW: 141.2 (5.4 lbs lost)
3rd Week of WW: 139.6 (1.6 lbs lost)
4th Week of WW: 138.6 (1.0 lb lost)
5th Week of WW: 135.8 (2.8 lbs lost)
6th Week of WW: 135.4 (0.4 lbs lost)
7th Week of WW: 134.4 (1.0 lb lost)

Total Pounds Lost: 12.2 lbs

Goal Weight 120 lbs







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Maggie! You are doing great!

Joy said...

Congrats on the loss x 2!
Good luck settling back into tracking.

Rebecca said...

Way to go Maggie - keep it up! :)

Catholic Mutt said...

Awesome job! I am really going to have to find the right people to try out the cookie face race with, though. That looks like a good time!

How to Lose Weight Fast and Easy said...

Very nice!! there is so much information on this blog keep posting good information.
learn How to Lose Weight Fast & Easy. For safe, natural & effective Weight Loss Tips & Self Hypnosis, make use of Fat Absorb to Burn Fat Fast as well as burning your calories down.
www.how-to-lose-weight-site.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails