Monday, May 24, 2010

Crazy Day!

Wow... today has been a crazy day.

This morning I went to visit my Uncle Bob's grave. When I came home I sat down to type out some words for a blog post when all of a sudden I felt very short of breath and had some chest tightening. This has happened before, but it is usually when I'm up and about doing stuff, and it was never to this degree. I started getting an over-all crappy feeling and my heart rate started getting faster and faster. I tried to calm myself down, and immediately Ryan knew something was wrong. He called the doctor, even though I told him not to, and away we went to the emergency room.

I was hooked up to a heart monitor, an IV was started and they gave me oxygen. They kept asking me if I was having contractions. I had no clue! Talk about being freaked out! They even gave me an EKG. All I cared about was if my baby boy was OK. I could feel him moving around, THANK GOD, and they checked his heart rate with a doppler fairly quickly and it was perfect! I definitely calmed down after that. I was a little dehydrated as well, so the fluids helped.

It turns out being short and petite isn't all that awesome. At a couple days shy of 24 weeks I have already run out of room for this little human inside me. Next I suppose he'll start using my bladder as a punching bag. I don't care if I'm short of breath or having to pee every 4 seconds- as long as he is happy and healthy!

I was observed for a little while longer and sent home to rest and drink plenty of fluids. I go in for my regularly scheduled doctor's visit tomorrow, so I'll get to hear baby boy's heartbeat again!I've stayed off the computer most of the day because, well... let's face it- being on the Internet/blogs/Facebook can cause unnecessary stress!

So what I'd really like to blog about tonight is: pray for my husband that he does well on his interview tomorrow morning! Pray that we accept God's will! And pray that I don't have to go to the E.R. again because that was just plain not fun!

7 comments:

Janet said...

You have my prayers.

Joy said...

Praying for your husband and hoping you can convince your little one that your bladder makes a better punching bag then your diaphragm. Rest up and feel better.

BTW, yup my due date is September 12th, though went a week over with my daughter.

Catholic Mutt said...

Will be praying for all of the above!

That Married Couple said...

You've got my prayers. I'm so glad you and the baby are okay!

Katie said...

Oh my goodness! That's scary, but I'm so glad you're alright! Prayers for the interview and a safe journey now!

Bernie said...

Am praying for all good things for you and your husband......:-)Hugs

Rae said...

I am glad that everything is fine with both you and the baby. Keep hydrated!

Best wishes for your husband's interview. And that you stay away from the ER!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails