Monday, May 3, 2010

My Bucket List


I've never seen the movie The Bucket List. It stars Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman, portraying two terminally-ill men who have a list of things they want to do before they "kick the bucket." Since I've been so busy these past few days to really organize my thoughts into a really good post, I'd thought I'd just make a Bucket List of my own!
  • The obvious- get to heaven!
  • See the ocean. I've never been there before!
  • Travel to Rome... and hopefully see the pope.
  • Learn to play the accordion. How many kids can say "My mom can play a mean tune on the accordion!" OK, so maybe kids won't WANT to lay claim to that, but I think it would be neat!
  • Try out for American Idol just for fun. I almost had the opportunity to when the try outs came to Kansas City, but I didn't get around to it!
  • See a tornado... from a safe distance of course.
  • Have a book or even an article published in Catholic media. I'm working on it.
  • Drive a Volkswagon Beetle
  • Skydive. Once again I had the opportunity to a couple years ago, and I did NOT chicken out- the weather turned bad and the plans with my friend fell apart! But now that I am about to become a mommy I might have to re-think this one!
  • Act in a movie and win an Academy Award. I have the speech all prepared. I practice in the shower and my bottle of conditioner is the golden statuette.
  • Run around on the field at Arrowhead. (KC Chiefs stadium.)
  • Visit ALL the places where Laura Ingalls Wilder lived. I've already visited her last home in Mansfield, MO.
  • Ice skate.
  • Go to Disney World. I know this sounds kind of boring or everyone has it on their list, but I have ALWAYS wanted to go. I am such a kid at heart that I would probably burst with happiness!
  • Go to a U2 concert.
  • Live on a farm with a pond, stream, windmill and timber.
  • Re-learn how to play the piano.
  • See Niagara Falls.
  • Go to New York City during Christmas.
  • Surf
  • Get another tattoo.
  • Help at a mission in El Salvador or other foreign country. When I was a student at Benedictine I had the opportunity to go, but it always scared me a little. I'm ready to make a huge impact now.
  • Fly in an airplane. I've never flown anywhere. In fact, my first time in an airplane would have been when I was supposed to go skydiving. Imagine- the first time in a plane would involve jumping out of it!
  • Open up my own greenhouse or apple orchard/pumpkin patch. I'm not sure which one, yet.

I have so many more, but I don't want to bore y'all!

What would be on your bucket list?

8 comments:

Your Mother! said...

Wait until I die before you get another tattoo!!!

Maggie @ From the Heart said...

Oh, Mom, you didn't know about the other 2 until I showed them to you! It's not like I'm going to get a sleeve or anything! :-)

Melissa said...

I've been to Dsmet South Dakota and it was awesome to see! My hubby finds it amusing how much I love (and can quote from!) those books.
I've also been to Niagra falls and it is well worth seeing!
I love your list! :)

Katie said...

I think it sounds like fun to jump out of an airplane the first time you fly! I've flown lots, but never jumped out! :-)

Rebecca said...

What a great list!

I will have to think about this one...

Rae said...

It is amazing how different we all are. I would be far too scared to sky dive and would stay as far as possible away from a tornado, but living in El Salvador sounds great.

I think that you should fly to Rome by way of Boston and spend the weekend on Cape Cod looking at the ocean!

Ashley Pahl said...

Hi,
I just stumbled across your blog while I was looking at bucket lists on Google. I was happy to see someone else had "visiting all of the LIW sites" on their list, too! It is also on mine, and I haven't been to any of them yet.

Cheers,
Ashley

Maggie @ From the Heart said...

Ashley- Isn't the Little House series wonderful? I can't wait to read it to my future little girl someday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails