Friday, May 7, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday Vol. 11

1.

Our baby boy has been moving a lot! I was a little confused at first because everywhere I've read has stated that the first movements feel like "butterfly flutters" or "popcorn popping" but to me it felt like ginormo gas bubbles popping! Monday was the first time I felt the baby kicking from the outside and since then I've felt it a couple more times. Every time I get Ryan over to me to try and feel him kick, our baby boy stops! Hopefully soon Ryan will be able to feel these miraculous kicks!

2.

Speaking of the baby kicking, Ryan and I went to see the movie Iron Man 2 tonight and Baby C was kicking up a storm! That either means he likes to jam out to AC/DC or else he was mad because the loud music and the explosion noises woke him up from a nap!

3.

There was a mother at the movie with four little boys and a little girl. I wonder if that's how it will be for Ryan and I- an abundance of boys! My grandma on my dad's side had 3 boys and no girls. My grandma on my mom's side had 6 boys and 1 girl. I don't know how genetics work exactly, but you know what- I think a bunch of boys would be a blast!

4.

My big brother Jamie's blog, Roman Catholic Cop, is up for a 2010 Cannonball Catholic Blog award under the category "Best Spiritual Treat!" You should vote for him by clicking here; it will make Baby Jesus smile!

5.

I have been organizing photos.... from the year 2003... I'm a wee bit behind! I also need to print off pictures that have been saved to my computer from 2007. I think scrapbooking is a lost cause, so I'm just focusing on putting the pictures in albums. It's been really fun looking back at fun memories. It is also fun to look back on my relationship with Ryan. From being friends, to dating, to engaged, to married- we have made the same face in most of our photos:


Yes, I know we are dorks.

6.

Ryan and I bought a joint gift for our one year wedding anniversary: Wii Sports Resort. It could be somewhat dangerous for our marriage because both Ryan and I are super competitive. I mean SUPER DUPER competitive. And I hate to admit this, but we are both somewhat sore losers as well. However, this game has actually brought us together and we usually end up laughing hysterically. We're a weird couple.

7.

Well, I can't really think of another Quick Take... so I hope you all have a good weekend!

4 comments:

Bernie said...

I remember every time I laid in a warm bath my babies would turn over and move a lot.....

am off to vote for your brother.
........:-) Hugs

That Married Couple said...

Oh, kicks, cute!

My husband likes to tease me that we will be having all boys, because all of his side are guys. It's fun to wonder, isn't it?

I also gave up on scrapbooking and am just putting pictures in albums. That way it gets done!

Happy First Mother's Day!

Jamie said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Your brother is Jamie? That's cool. I read his blog as well. What a weird warped blog world.

I love baby kicks. I missed them SO much after the baby is born. The crazy thing is that after they are born, you will actually recognize some of movements andthe feeling of their hips/bum and their heels and the shape of their head because of the way it protrudes so much at the end. Oh, I loved being pregnant!

:)

Rebecca said...

So, how was Iron Man 2 compared to Iron Man? Worth the trip and $ to go to the theater?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails