Friday, December 4, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday Vol. 2


1.

A couple weeks ago the heater unit in our bathroom went kaplooey. So I've been a very grumpy girl in the morning because I HATE being cold. Yesterday our landlady sent over her son to fix it. YAY! Not only did he fix that, but he fixed our toilet that keeps making strange noises. This has gone on since we moved in, it annoyed me at first but I got used to it. But the quiet is nice! He also turned up the thermostat on our hot water heater. Now I can shave while showering! I used to have to bring in our space heater, let the bathroom warm up, then take a bath to shave. I love baths, but still I'd run out of hot water. But still a bath was better than having one leg shaved and then ice cold water beat down on me.

Can you tell I'm a wuss when it comes to the cold?

2.

Yesterday I gave my dog a bath. He actually looooooves bath time. And now he's silky smooth and doesn't smell like...well, like a stinky dog!

3.

I've been on a baking kick. I've made brownies and lots of cookies. We gave some to our neighbors this week. Which makes me think that during Christmas time, I love giving more than receiving. I love finding that perfect gift and seeing their reaction when the person opens it.

4.

I read through some of my diaries and journals I wrote from 3rd grade-8th grade. Wow, I laughed A LOT. I sure thought life was complicated back then. If I got into a fight with a friend I thought the world would end! And *wow* was I boy crazy! I read these and I feel like I was a completely different person back then. I know I've grown and matured (a bit) since then. It makes me wonder what my own future teenage daughters will be like. What kind of mother will I be to them? I know I was a huge brat to my mom...if there's such a thing as karma I will be in LOTS of trouble!

5.

I hate when I have long fingernails. I find when I have long fingernails it is hard to type. When I take out my contacts long fingernails are a pain! I love that just clipped feeling! However I do like the look of long nails. It makes me feel semi-sophisticated. Too bad I can't function with them!

(Can you tell I'm running out of stuff to write about?)

6.

My husband has been having a lot of nights off of work lately. His job has him working very odd shifts. For the longest time he was working 4:00-midnight shifts. I felt so lonely and felt like we never saw each other. It's nice to have him home, cook him supper, watch movies and have our nightly prayer. In less than a week he'll be looking to see if he can get another job...with better hours. I'm flooding the heavens with prayers!

7.

I'm tossing around the idea of going to grad school to get my masters in Theology. However that thought scares me to death. I loved taking Theology classes at Benedictine. I enjoyed going to class and my professors. However, presentations and research papers were not my strong point. It seems that's what grad school is all about. And the thought of taking the GRE scares me too. Plus we'd have to move far away from here....and our goal is to move closer to family. And we want to start our own family soon. Could I manage moving away from my loved ones, taking care of a child and going to class? Something to pray about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for hot water! I keep ours rather high because I like to shave in the shower, too.

And it's been awful cold the last few days!

I wish I had my 7thand 8th grade diaries still. I think my mother must have trashed them when she moved while I was in college. My own fault for not taking them I guess.

I've got lots of karma coming my way, too, unfortunately. :)

Anonymous said...

As to #7: I am trying to consider the same thing, sort of. I am thinking about going for a Masters in social work here in Indy, but don't know about the implications with family, babies, etc. Too much thinking. God needs to just send me a little note with the answer. I'll ask him to send you one too. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails