Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Surgery Postponed!

Sam's surgery was postponed! ARGH!

After a rough couple of hours last night where Sam wanted to nurse, I was crying because I couldn't comfort him, and Ryan finally taking him to snooze on the couch we left for Children's Mercy. There we met my mom so she could look after Joe. We spent most of our time in the pre-op area. Thanks be to Jesus Sam did very well. I even got to hold him without him digging into my chest. He was even flirting with the nurses. We got him into his hospital gown which was heartbreakingly adorable. As soon as the surgeon came in and saw his nether regions he was concerned. Sam has had a little spotty rash off and on, but it would always go away. The doctor thinks it's a fungal infection which makes surgery risky. There is a chance that the fungus could spread in his incisions and cause a fungal infection INSIDE his scrotum. I'm not messing around with that! So he prescribed some fungal cream and we rescheduled for Tuesday afternoon. He also told me that I could nurse up until 4 hours before the surgery instead of 8 hours. That makes life A LOT easier!

I'm frustrated, because my mom and Ryan took time off work and I was emotionally ready to have this process be done. But I don't want to risk anything with Sam's health, so we will be happy to wait. We appreciate your prayers, but save them up for Tuesday!

Makes my heart melt!
He is just TOO CUTE!



5 comments:

Patty said...

Oh he does look adorable in his gown :) I completely understand the frustration of that postponement (you know my mom's story.) Hang in there!

Catholic Mutt said...

GAH! I just posted on your last post... I'm sorry that you have to drag out the worrying for another week, but it is definitely better not to mess with the chance of that. Okay, I'll keep praying for the surgery to go well!

Joy said...

Sorry about the postponement ~ glad you got better advice regarding breast milk (which I thought was considered a clear). Continued prayers!!

Alzbeta said...

Oh, golly, he is just too sweet!

I'm so sorry about the rash and postponement though... praying your anxiety stays in check :).

Grace said...

I have Lis's hospital gown in a drawer. I remember at the time thinking how cute she looked and snapped a picture, but more than a year later, I still can't bring myself to look at her surgery pictures. Your kiddo looks so cute! All will be well, and prayers for you from us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails