Friday, September 13, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday: Waverly, Alarm Clocks and My Boys


1. 

Tomorrow we plan on going on a day trip to Waverly. I haven't been there since we moved in April of 2011. There is an annual Apple Jubilee so we plan on enjoying the carnival and driving around reminiscing. Waverly is where Ryan and I started to build our marriage and where we became parents. It will always be such a special place to us so I am excited to go back!

2. 

Joe is basically potty trained. Still have some wiping issues and pulling up his underwear is kind of a challenge, but he hasn't had any accidents in a couple of weeks. *Knocking on wood.* I have a post in my drafts of basically a how-to of our potty training process, but things have been a little crazy around here.

3. 

The stupid hot weather has finally broken! We have the windows and the cool crisp air is flowing in. I love it! I am so ready for fall. Soon the complaining about the cold and snow shall commence!

4. 

Something bizarre happened this morning. Ryan's alarm went off and he got ready for work. He kissed me goodbye and left. When he leaves he always locks the screen door. Soon after he left I got a text asking for me to let him back in the house... BECAUSE IT WAS 2:30 IN THE MORNING! His phone got MAJORLY screwed up! I'm looking at you, Joe!

5.
  
I don't really have anything else to write about. So now you'll get pictures of my cute kids! I do want to thank you for all the support since I've received my rejection letter. I can feel your prayers.


Joe fell and hit his nose and the only way to make it stop "hurting" was to give him a band aid. He kept running to the bathroom to check out his "wound."

6. 


Sam still won't eat solids, but he'll gnaw on a Twizzler like it's nobody's business. If he sees you with a Twizzler he'll throw out his binky and reach for this delicious treat.

7. 

 

I sure do love my boys. They interact more and more everyday. Sam is starting to defend himself from his big brother. The other day he bit Joe...HARD. It almost drew blood. I think Joe was more shocked than anything! It sure is fun watching them grow up!

Have a wonderful weekend! Check out Jen for more Quick Takes!

5 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Hi there Maggie! Enjoyed visiting with you today here...

Have a wonderful weekend with those cuties! : )

Anonymous said...

Cute pics! and I am so ready for fall. I don't mind the heat much -- just the electric bills from running the air!

Colleen said...

Not to stress you out more, but I am still wiping my 5 year old's bum.

Jenny said...

Peter bit Therese's cheek this week too. It almost broke the skin, but now it is just a bad bruise. He also is a hair-puller.

Just curious how much Sam weighs. Peter is so little, only 17 pounds. I can't get him to eat more. He refuses.

Joy said...

Have a good trip!
Looking forward to your potty training post; we are getting nowhere slowly!!
That last picture is soo cute!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails