Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Sam's Surgery

Mr. Sam's surgery is scheduled for 9:15 a.m. tomorrow. I explain the details here.

Needless to say, I'm a freaking mess wee bit worried about it. Just thinking about handing him over to strangers and him being frightened and put under breaks my heart. But I know it will all be OK. Children's Mercy Hospital is one of the best in the country. I would think that most of the nurses and doctors there love their jobs and love children, so Sam will be in very good hands.

The worst part will probably be Sam's fasting requirements. He cannot have breast milk after 1:30 a.m. He can have clear liquids until 5:30 a.m., but unfortunately he doesn't take liquids out of anything but my boob. Of course we're going to try to give him a sippy, but I have a feeling we will be in for a long couple of hours! The staff knows that Sam is EBF and has an oral aversion, but they were adamant about him not taking any breast milk after 1:30. The hardest part is I won't really be able to comfort Sam during pre-op since all he'll be wanting to do is scream MILK MILK MILK!!!! That will be really tough.

So any prayers you can throw out tomorrow would be greatly appreciated!


6 comments:

Jenny said...

You will be in my prayers. When Peter had his foot surgery, God blessed us by having Peter fall asleep in my arms before the surgery. The doctor took him from me still asleep and they said he didn't wake up til they put the iv in. I will pray that Sam does the same for you!

Joy said...

Will be praying!

Patty said...

Prayers for you all :)

Billie Jo said...

Hugs and prayers!

Colleen said...

Praying for Sam to not be hungry!! Please keep us updated.

Catholic Mutt said...

Praying things are going well! I realize that since I just got here, the surgery's actually over, but I'm still praying for the recovery (his and yours!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails