Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Now I am Really Back!


My costume for our family reunion. The theme was Halloween in July.



After a crazy couple of days I am finally back home! I'm trying to rest since this weekend took a bit of a toll on my very pregnant body! I want to write about so many topics but my mind is still in vacation mode.

I did come back to a lovely surprise- Michelle from Musings of a Catholic Lady gave me an award! Thank you, Michelle! I found Michelle's blog through NFP Works.

The rules for this blog award are:

1. Thank the blogger who gave it to you; (see above)
2. List 7 things that people may not know about you;
3. Pass the love to 15 deserving bloggers (gonna have to amend this one...how about 8?);
4. and let them know that you gave them an award.

7 Things People Might Not Know About Me:

1. I was in a sorority at my first college.

2. My best friend and I started a rumor in high school. We wanted to see how fast a rumor could spread through our small high school. Before second hour we told a few friends that school was getting out early because the pipes had frozen. By 3rd hour the school was all a buzz with excitement that school was getting out early. But 4th hour my friend and I were called to the principal's office. He asked us, "Is there something you know that I don't know?" We confessed our plan and he laughed. He asked us not to do it again. (He loved us!)

3. I played in a soccer league when I was little. I was the only girl and I had a blast!

4. I absolutely HATE butter.

5. I am very gullible. I once told a co-worker this fact about me and he said, "Did you know that the word 'gullible' isn't even in the dictionary?" My eyes bugged out, my jaw dropped and I yelled, "WHAT?!" His response- "Wow. You ARE gullible!"

6. I am a descendant of the Webster guy who created the Webster's Dictionary. (Supposedly)

7. I would LOVE to learn how to surf!

Now to pass on the award! Check out these awesome bloggers!

12 comments:

Joe @ Defend Us In Battle said...

Aw! Thanks so much...

and you you scare me as a Darth.

Melissa said...

2. Thats Awesome!

4. How can you not like butter? I thought that was impossible.

5. My hubby actually fell for that one too, so you aren't alone. :)

Patty said...

You are too sweet!

I would love to learn how to surf as well!

Or that paddle surfing...where you stand and paddle along? That might be more my speed.

Catholic Mutt said...

#5 is awesome! :)

Rebecca said...

Welcome back! (and great costume!!!)

Congrats on your award.

I've had the very same gullible joke played on me - it's just not right to take advantage of us in such a way!

Maggie @ From the Heart said...

Young Mom- I don't like butter because of a childhood event... it's actually kind of funny. I'll elaborate later!

Patty- Paddle surfing sounds more my speed also!

I'm glad I'm not the only gullible one!

Joy said...

Thank you very much for the award!
I'm so glad you had a good time at your reunion ~ the costume is great!

Colleen said...

Thanks for the award! And you do NOT look huge! You look so cute :)

Rae said...

I love that picture, and I agree with Colleen. Very cute!

And thanks for the award!

Jamie said...

I think #5 and #6 may be related. And Colleen---She may not look huge but trust me---she is!!! I actually didn't make fun of her all weekend because I felt bad for her. She has to wear a size 12 shoe just for her ankles!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the award; how sweet!

I love your "halloween" costume. ;)

That Married Couple said...

I totally love the costume!

Thanks for the award! And I want to learn to surf, too! My parents went to Hawaii on their 25th anniversary and that's one of the things they did. I figure that's probably the track we're both on, but it'll be great when it finally happens! Have you ever watched Gidget? We loved that movie in high school!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails