Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wondering Wednesdays Vol. 13: Tightwad


I have a lot of stuff to do today. Tomorrow we leave for my family reunion- in a tiny town called Tightwad. (Yes, there really is such a town!) My family easily doubles the population of the village. We usually have some sort of theme for our reunions. We've had "The Year of the Chicken", "10 Years in Tightwad", and have celebrated St. Patrick's Day in July and Christmas in July. This year we're going with the holiday spirit and doing Halloween in July! I can't wait to show you my costume! I'm in charge of the activities this year. Hopefully, with being 7 months pregnant and in the middle of moving and unpacking I will have done a decent job with planning.

So my Wondering Wednesday thought for the day- why on earth would you name a town "Tightwad"?

I'm trying to set up a Mr. Linky widget so those who wish to participate in Wondering Wednesday's can be linked. Alas, I can't figure it out and the projects I am supposed to be working on instead of blogging are staring straight at me. So far Joy has posted a Wondering Wednesday. I'll check back in periodically and if anyone else that I see in my reader has also posted a WW, I'll link you here, if you would like!

I hope everyone has a great rest of the week and a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

Joy said...

I have NO idea but think it is truly bizarre and hope you have a wonderful reunion with your family!!

That Married Couple said...

How funny!

I was going to make my post a WW, but was afraid you wouldn't be around so didn't. Sorry!

Maggie @ From the Heart said...

No worries, Elizabeth! I didn't plan on writing a blog... but procrastination leads me to do things that I'd rather be doing that those things that I SHOULD be doing!

Anonymous said...

What a name! very strange and I'm wondering right there with you, LOL


I left you an award. :)

http://musingsofacatholiclady.blogspot.com/2010/07/award-time.html

Anonymous said...

I think people who are proud of their thrifty ways might name a town tightward, haha.

Have fun at your family reunion; I can't wait to see pictures of your costume. :)

Colleen said...

What a great town name!! I think you need to post a pregnancy photo of yourself being so "huge" so we can tell you how small you really are :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails