Thursday, January 14, 2010

Successful Surgery!

My dad's triple bypass surgery went wonderfully today! He was in there for about 3 hours total. They said he did very well during the surgery. I went and saw him in the ICU and he was still under anesthesia and had a breathing tube, so it was kind of un-nerving to see him in such a weak and feeble condition. He should be released from the hospital around Monday.

He has quite the life change ahead. He needs to lost 75 lbs, stop smoking (he smokes about two packs a day! Yeeeesh!), and cut down on the red meat. But it should add multiple years to his life, which is good because I want him to be around to scoop up his grandchildren!

Thank you again for your prayers. Many of us don't "know" each other, but it's nice to know I have a wonderful group of friends to lift their voices in prayer! God bless you!

10 comments:

Kate Wicker said...

Thanks be to God!

Katie said...

Praying for his continued recovery!! Praise God for a smooth operation!

Lacey R said...

That is great to hear! Yay!

Rebecca said...

Praise God for good news - praying for continued good news and strength to make the changes he will need to make.

Anonymous said...

Get him to watch The Biggest Loser; they're so inspiring on there, it makes me want to work out more! :)

Unknown said...

God is so good! I joined your blog about a month ago, and I really enjoy reading it. I appreciate so much that you write "from the heart". The story of your miscarriage reminded me of something that I also experienced. I have not really talked about it with anyone besides my husband, but to this day I strongly believe that I was pregnant, although my husband was told he would never be able to conceive a child. Perhaps we could pray for each other that we can both be blessed with the gift of children however they might come into our lives?

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

God is Good!!!! Thanks for sharing this update. I will pray that he has a good recovery. God Bless!

Maggie @ From the Heart said...

Thank you all so much for your prayers!

Maria, I will surely pray for you. I pray for all my blog-o-sphere friends!

God bless you all!

Emily said...

That's great news! I actually just read your posts about him and will certainly add him to my prayers each day.

Catholic Mutt said...

I'm glad to hear he's doing well!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails