Thursday, January 7, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday Vol. 6

1.


The job search continues for both my husband and me. He found out earlier this week that the job he was looking into still has no openings. We'll have to wait another month. Patience is a virtue, right....?

2.


I just love the TV show "Friends." I know, I know, it's scandalous, but it has some good parts too! One of my all time favorite episodes is the one with "unagi." It's a concept of total awareness in times of danger.... I laugh every time!







3.


We're just now starting to take down our Christmas decorations. I don't know why, but I always get a little sad when this time of year rolls around. Maybe because usually during this time of year school resumes and I always hated going back after a nice long break!




4.


A nearby parish asked me for some hints on how to get their juniors and seniors excited about attending a NET retreat. I'm digging through all my youth ministry books from college for some ideas? Do any of y'all have good ideas to pass along?



5.



My dad is having surgery on Tuesday, January 12. It's an angioplasty for his heart and if that doesn't work they'll have to do bypass. I'm not sure if I have mentioned it before, but I didn't meet my dad until I was 11 years old. There have been many years of wondering, resentment and now forgiveness. It is a long story I hope to develop into a post very soon.



6.



I am a part of a virtual book club and I am so excited about it! I don't have many friends here in Waverly. I have found that the Internet has been a huge blessing in finding other sisters in Christ to "talk" with. We are reading the book "Feminism is Not the Story of My Life" by Elizabeth Fox-Genovese. Should be a great read!



7.



Gosh, I really don't have anything else interesting to say! Sorry my blog posts have been so blah lately. I have a lot of stuff on my mind! I hope you all have a great weekend everybody!



I'll leave you with a poem my mother found:



"It's winter in Missouri, and the gentle breezes blow... seventy miles an hour at thrity-five below! Oh how I love Missouri! When the snow's up to your butt, you take a breath of winter and your nose gets frozen shut! Yes, the weather here is wonderful, so I guess I'll stick around. I could never leave Missouri, I'm frozen to the ground!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great takes! I should have used the book club as one of mine! But maybe next week!

By the way...nice poem...but seeing as I'm a KU grad and Jayhawk, I can never bring myself to say, "Oh how I love Missouri!" LOL

Catholic Mutt said...

I'm with you on Friends. There is a lot of awfulness, but it's also hilarious! Praying that your dad's procedure goes well. Also, I'm so excited about the book club, too! I still don't have the book, but I got an email the other day that they shipped it. I should get it somewhere between the 11th and the 27th... is it just me, or is that kind of a ridiculous spread of time?

Maggie @ From the Heart said...

Michelle...you're a Jayhawk?! Ohhhhhh noooooooooo! Hehe...just kiddin'!

CM- yes that does seem to be a rather large spread of time! Hopefully you get it soon! Did your order from Amazon?

Anonymous said...

I like Friends! I mean, I'm not obsessed or anything, but its pretty darn funny. I like the one when its like "What if...?" and Monica is fat. :)

It's funny (well, maybe funny is not the right word) that you did not meet your dad until you were 11; that's about how old I was the last time I saw my dad. We should chat sometime. ;)

Hope you have a great weekend!

Lacey R said...

I love Friends too. I haven't watched any reruns lately but Friends is always good for a laugh.

We are putting away our Christmas decorations too, it makes me a little sad. Even though I had my decorations up at the end of November, it doesn't feel like it has been that long!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails