Monday, January 4, 2010

A Boring Monday...

Sorry folks, there's not going to be a creative, witty or insightful blog post today. My creative juices just aren't flowing. But one of my goals for blogging is to be a bit more brave and do some Catholic apologetics and talk more about my beliefs of Natural Family Planning and birth control.

But that's for another day.

My husband is in Denver, CO. He went to see the Chiefs/Broncos game. He must be good luck because Kansas City STOMPED Denver! I'm not jealous that I didn't get to go. Nope. Not at all...

I came back to my mom's house for the past couple of days because I didn't want to be bored to death in Waverly all by myself. That meant I had to leave Chandler at Ryan's parents house. Miss Kitty still lives at home with Mom and well....the whole things about cats and dogs not getting along is VERY true with Chandler and Kitty! So I'm missing both of my boys!

It's been nice hanging out with my mom. We've laughed a lot watching old family videos and looking through my boxes from elementary and high school. Plus she made chocolate chip cookies...YES!!!

Another perk of coming to my hometown is that I get to go out to lunch with my best friend tomorrow. We rarely get to see each other, but we have one of those friendships that we can go months without seeing each other, but once we do, it's like no distance or time have separated us. Now if only another best friend of mine lived in Tarkio instead of 30 miles away that would be spectacular!

To spare you from being bored stiff at this post, I'm going to use Danielle Bean's "Daybook" idea. Hopefully this "short" post doesn't turn into a lengthy read! (It's been known to happen...)

Outside my window ... SNOW, SNOW, and MORE SNOW! Like I've said before, I love the first snow of the year and snow at Christmas. Of course the snow at THIS Christmas cancelled Mass, so I'm holding a bit of a grudge at the cold white stuff out there!

I am thinking ... I'd love to live in a small town like my hometown. I just don't think it'll happen...

I am thankful for ... my mother. She has done so much for me. I'm glad we've become better friends now that I'm out of my wicked bratty teenage years!

I am hoping ... that Ryan and his friends leave a little earlier from Colorado than they plan. I want to see my husband!!!

On my mind ... I need to jump full force into this looking for a job thing. Ugh...I'm getting anxiety just thinking about it. Maybe I'll go work at McDonalds. They are always hiring....

Noticing that ... while reading my diaries from high school I thought I knew it all. I mean seriously. Looking back now I laugh hysterically!

A few plans for the week ... get my husband and doggie in Kansas City tomorrow and job searching. Also bake some cookies for my neighbors like I was supposed to for Christmas but ran out of time. It's never too late for cookies right? :-)

From the kitchen ... mom baked tons of cookies. For breakfast I could have had a banana...but....... the cookies were right there next to them!

One of my favorite things ... last night I prayed the last day of my 54 Day Novena. The rosary is now one of my favorite things. It has helped me tremendously. Meditating with Jesus and Mary....doesn't get much sweeter!

A picture I am sharing ... while looking through my boxes at mom's I found this picture my big brother and I took at World's Of Fun in Kansas City in 1995. Jamie looks pretty handsome! I look like a ragamuffin!


2 comments:

JMay said...

Aw, what a cute pic to find!

Your brother does look handsome :-)

Happy New Year!

Melissa said...

Aw, you're cute in that picture! It reminds me of all the homade dresses my Grandma used to make me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails