Monday, January 17, 2011

Day One of 30 Day Shread: Kill Me Now.

Day One of Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shread complete.

I'm still alive, but barely.

Many things went through my head while I was doing this 20 minute workout:

"This isn't so bad."

(15 seconds later...) "OK, I was wrong."

"My muscles! They... hurt! They.... ache!"

"MOMMY!"

"Jillian, you're a devil woman."

"How long will it take for Ryan to discover my body?"

It didn't help that we have a loose floor board so every time I did a jumping jack I was fearful of crashing into the basement below. Nothing like hearing "creak, boom, creak, boom" when jumping up and down. Oh yeah, I also had to take down the pictures and breakables from the top of the entertainment center because they were shaking. Let me tell you, that made me feel SUPER AWESOME.

At least Joe was entertained for awhile watching me jump around and pant like a fool. Well.. about 10 minutes into it he had a look on his face that said, "Mommy, why is the mean man-lady hurting you?"

My legs and arms feel like jell-0. Tomorrow will probably be pure torture. Thank goodness I took a picture of my belly to remind me what I'm trying to accomplish, otherwise I would probably throw in the towel.

I'll keep you updated on this new, budding relationship between me and Miss Michaels.

Oh yeah, is there a patron saint of exercise? Or maybe I should pray to St. Michael the Archangel since Jillian is certain to be in league with the devil! :-) I mean seriously, look at her!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha. funny post. Good luck!

Colleen said...

Maggie, I thought of you today in my "Chiseled" class at the gym which is basically a 50 minute version of Jillian Michael's video! I was dying, but the thought of you making progress doing her video actually inspired me to suck.it.up. Because although I may be pregnant, there is nothing harder than getting back into shape after the baby - oy! See? Blog buddies are so great!!!

Patty said...

LOL! Laughed hard at the line about how long till Joe finds your body!!

That Married Couple said...

Haha! Keep it up, Maggie, you can do it!

Natalie said...

I have it too... I did really good for 2 weeks, and then there was Thanksgiving...

I should start it back up! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

ha! that pictures is awesome! Keep it up!

priest's wife - S.T./ Anne Boyd said...

'Why is that mean lady hurting you'---such a sweetie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails