Saturday, January 22, 2011

March for Life, Prayers for Courage

Today marks the 38th anniversary of Roe v. Wade.

Writing about abortion is difficult for me. Why? One reason is because I am a huge coward. I have been praying to God to give me the courage to proclaim the truth. I wish I was more courageous like Marc Barnes at the blog Bad Catholic. He has a great pro-life post with a YouTube video that gives me Holy Ghost goosebumps!

The second reason is because I know two women who have had abortions. They don't know that I know. I know the reasons behind the abortions, but don't know how they feel about the decision they have made. My heart breaks for them. I still stand 100% behind the teaching of the Church on abortion, but my my heart is heavy when I think about all that I know.

I still don't know how to write about how I feel about abortion. Someday I will find the courage and the words. But for now I'd like to share an amazing video. It is a 3-D version of the conception of a baby and her journey of growing in the womb. It is scientific, spiritual, miraculous, and simply beautiful. It's kind of long, but I encourage you to watch the whole thing.



It seem pretty clear to me that life starts from the very beginning.

I am praying for the pilgrims at the March for Life, all women who have been affected by abortion, and most importantly, for the souls of all those lives that have tragically been cut short.

3 comments:

Patty said...

You know, women are affected as well. I heard a woman say once that she was so paralyzed with fear that she felt and reacted like the bear whose paw was caught in a trap and she gnawed it off to escape death. Only, death followed her through the rest of her life. She has suffered from the trauma (emotional more than physical) ever since. We must always pray for these women and unborn babies.

It really isn't a choice. I can never figure out how they sell that. The unborn has no choice and the woman gains nothing from it but sadness and grief.

Jamie said...

Maggie, I feel very similar. I have tried a number of times to write about how I feel about abortion, but it comes out clunky, immature, and just not what I am trying to say. I was very pro-choice, outwardly so, as a teenager and now I am regularly praying rosaries for an end to abortion. It's difficult to verbalize in light of so many of us who know women who may have had abortions or even went through a time where we perhaps would have considered it ourselves, if faced with an unexpected pregnancy. It's a scary feeling to put in to words.

And that video. Wow. That's how I want to teach my children about "How babies are made".

Rebecca said...

As you know I've tried to write what I think, and it somehow never comes out right :(.

That video, though? a. maz. ing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails