Tuesday, December 18, 2012

No Words


The horrors of the school shooting in Connecticut have haunted me since Friday. I can avoid the news all I want, but the faces of those innocent children still pop in my head right before I go to sleep.

I've watched a few news clips online of mothers and fathers who have lost a child so tragically at Sandy Hook. I have no words.

I really don't have any words. People are talking and debating gun control, politics and mental illness. I don't even feel like I have anything to contribute to any conversation. All I can do is just look at my boys and thank God they are warm and safe and happy.

Thankfully the internet is full of loving, smart and amazing women. They write the words I can't find. They write the words that are simple. They write the words that everybody needs to hear.

Please, if you have time, read this powerful post by my dear friend Sarah.

Then hop over to Dwija's to read her simple and loving post.

Tomorrow I plan on going to confession. It's a confession service where I won't have to worry about rushing through because the priest has to celebrate Mass afterward. I'm going to do a lot of soul searching and examination of conscience and really get my soul shiny clean. Then I am going to refocus on my life. Stop being mopey. Stop being lazy in my spiritual life and vocation.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you're being awful hard on yourself, Maggie. the events from last Friday are horrifying for any of us I bet. And I haven't been able to write about it myself because I can't get through anything without crying about it. so, I just let the others do it. but please...you are not lazy. it's impossible to be lazy with 2 active boys on the loose. Cut yourself some slack and hang in there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails