Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year, New Plans!

I had big plans to write an end-of-the-year post about all my goals and plans for 2013, but Bejeweled Blitz got in the way. So here is a mishmash, random post.

More Reading, Less Social Media


My awesome brother got me the Liturgy of the Hours for Christmas. I really plan on getting serious about my prayer life. If I do pray, I get so zoned out. 'Dear God, thank you for the blessings of today. Forgive me of my sins. I can hear my neighbors up there. I can't wait to move to a new house. I remember the house I grew up in. I had a cat named Demi. I'm hungry. I need to lose weight. I have to pee but I'm too warm in my blankies. Ohmygosh is that a ghost? Oh yeah, I'm supposed to be praying! OK, God, I'm seriously going to start talking to you. Please watch ov----- ZzzzzZZ ZzzZZzZzzzzz....."

I also plan on reading up on how to potty train. I am soooo not looking forward to that. Sigh...

In the picture underneath the potty training book is a notebook. It is for my chemistry class. I have a feeling I'll be doing A LOT of reading this coming year. I forgot how fun it is to shop for school supplies. The newness and the excitement of learning!

I want to try to limit my time on social media. I spend waaaay too much time on Facebook, sometimes just perusing through things I've already read. I'll be busy with school, so those free moments I need to spend with my boys.  

TV!!! YAY!!!  

I'm not giving up my TV though! I'm a TV junkie and I just started watching Dr. Who. After I got over the first episode that was pure corniness, I am starting to LOVE it. I WANT TO WATCH ALL THE DR. WHOS NOOOOOOOOW!!!

Losing weight... you knew I'd write this...

Speaking of Dr. Who, you know in the first season when the Slitheen are introduced and they struggle to put on their human suits? That's how I totally feel when I get dressed in the morning. I pretty much look like one of the Slitheen, except with bigger boobs and more hair. 

 
I am going back to Weight Watchers. I tried doing it on my own and that was a failure. A big FAT failure. I'm going to spend these last few days before starting EATING ALL THE FOOD!

Changes for Joe

We took Joe's binky away a few days ago. He only used it at nap time and bed time, but we still felt it was time to get rid of it. We did something special and went to Build a Bear and had him place his very last binky into his very own Buzz Lightyear bear. He gave it up willingly, even though his lower lip quivered a little bit. He has been doing pretty good without it! (Thank you, Baby Jesus!)

Getting in a few more sucks!

Putting the binky in his bear

Joe with his Binky Buzz Bear!
 
I'm hoping to find a cheap day care/preschool type place I can take Joe toonce or twice a week to get him used to playing with other kids. It will be a tough transition for me... but more on that later...



I don't want to go overboard with goals and plans, because I am a master Jedi procrastinator, and don't want to set myself up for disappointment.


I'm just gonna go for it. Strengthen my relationship with God, strengthen my vocation as wife and mother, strengthen my mind and body, and strengthen my Whovian awesomeness. 


I hope you all have a wonderful New Year! 

See y'all next year!

  

 





6 comments:

Stacy said...

Hubs and I died of cuteness looking through the binky/Build-a-bear pics on fb! Ahhhh preciousness!

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Maggie! I haven't had time to sit down and write anything re: the New year!!! Maybe this evening, LOL!!!

Catholic Mutt said...

Sound like great goals! I agree that it's good not to go too overboard with the goals so you can find what works for you.

Colleen said...

What a great idea to get rid of the pacifier!

Leanne said...

Awesome goals! FYI- I LOVE John Rosemond! He gets a bad rap, but he SAVED my life when Lucas was a two year old with the book "Making The Terrible Twos Terrific!"

I'm also going to attempt to figure out a better balance between social media and real life!

Good luck with school!! You will rock it!

Christine Falk Dalessio said...

welcome to whovian obsession :) Great to be introduced to your blog... what cute cute little guys you have there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails