Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sam is Here!

You will have to excuse the quietness around here and the fact that I never posted a birth announcement.

I have a toddler who likes to sit on my head and a newborn that wants the boob all the time and who poops a lot. Needless to say, it's hard to type out a post.

On Monday, August 6 at 8:53 a.m. we welcomed our son, Samuel James into the world. I did have to have a c-section, but it went wonderfully. Sam weighed in at 9 lbs, 3 oz and is 21 inches long.

I'm not going to lie, it's been a tough adjustment. Recovery has been a little tough this go-around and I'm battling some baby blues. But I just take each hour at a time and thank God that I have wonderful help in my husband and mom!

I'll post a birth story soon and how we are adjusting. But right now I have the munchies and Joe is threatening to throw his sippy cup at his brother.

Here's a bunch o' cute baby pictures!

Brand new!

He's a biggin'
Meeting my son!

Ryan holding Sam for the first time.

Finally get to hold my baby!

Joe meets his little brother

Kisses!


I think he likes him!


Best buds!

One week old!

My boys!

17 comments:

Alzbeta said...

Girl, you are amazing. I wish we were nearby so we could bring you yummy food for your munchies and maybe, just maybe, cuddle your babies just a little ;-).

I hope the baby blues pass you by quickly (or that your doc can get you a little boost to help with that) and that your recovery speeds up just a tad ;-).

Emily said...

I hope you're back to 100% soon! Recovery with my second was a little tougher for me, too. There's so much more for a mother to do when she has a toddler along with the new baby.

Sam is so cute! He looks a lot like Joe to me. And what a big healthy boy! You picked a strong, traditional name that will wear well. :)

Isn't it the cutest to see your son with his baby brother?

Emily said...

I hope you're back to 100% soon! Recovery with my second was a little tougher for me, too. There's so much more for a mother to do when she has a toddler along with the new baby.

Sam is so cute! He looks a lot like Joe to me. And what a big healthy boy! You picked a strong, traditional name that will wear well. :)

Isn't it the cutest to see your son with his baby brother?

Shelly said...

Congratulations! Big babies are the best! :) So cute!

Caitlin said...

Beautiful pictures! I am so happy for you and your family! :)

Patty said...

I also love love love big babies! And I miss those itsy bitsy diapers! Take it easy. I pushed myself on my third recovery and had to be cauterized. So GO SLOW! Even when you feel amazing, wait till you get doctor's ok to move and groove again! Sam is a doll. An absolute doll. Enjoy and God bless!

Joy said...

Congrats again, and again!!

Loving the pictures, especially the one of Joe staring at Sam in the swing.

Jamie said...

I like how in the last picture Sam and Joe both seem to have the same pose.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Maggie! Sam is so adorable. Joe looks so happy to have a little brother.

Tina said...

Cingratulations! Hes a handsome man like his big brother.Happy that all went so well.Enjoy the little ones!

Melissa said...

They look so cute together! You are amazing! Feel free to chat over email or facebook if you want to talk about or vent about the ins and outs of baby blues, I had PPD after 3 of my 4 kids.

Amy said...

Congratulations! The pictures are so cute--Sam looks so much like his big brother! You'll be in my prayers.

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I love all the pictures you posted. Pictures are worth a thousand words, right? :) But please definitely start posting again when things calm down a bit. I was right where you are just a few short months ago. I get it!

Anna said...

Congrats on the birth of your new baby boy. From a mama of to c-section boys weighing over 9 lbs! Savor the moments

Colleen said...

He looks so old already! What a cutie pie, congrats!!

Lacey R said...

Congratulations! What sweeties you have!

Katie said...

Congratulations, Maggie. What a joyful new addition to a beautiful family!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails