Monday, August 27, 2012

Sam is Catholic!

I promise I will start blogging again soon. I know all of you are anxiously waiting every day for a brand new post from me. :-) I have a newborn that wants to be constantly held and nursed and a toddler who still likes to sit on my head, so typing doesn't come easy for me these days!

These past 3 weeks have flown by it seems, but everyday feels like the longest day in the history of the universe. I'm waiting for the 6-8 week mom-zombie-fog to lift soon.

I have a lot of posts in my head. I want to write about not getting my VBAC. I want to write about adjusting to life as a mother of two and how I'm still scared crapless at screwing up my kids. I don't know how you mommy bloggers of many littles manage to post so often!

I do want to share some highlights from this weekend. Our Sam was baptized yesterday! I just love baptisms! I know this might sound weird, but the moment my sons have been baptized is when I truly feel like their parent. When the priest looks at me and explains my duty as a mother to raise my child up in the Church and their ultimate goal of heaven I get this huge feeling of fear and honor. I look at my baby in my arms and I get this overwhelming feeling of protection and love. It is the moment I really feel like a mother.

Fr. Rogers gave an amazing talk during the baptism ceremony. He talked about how he often presides over funerals of folks from "The Greatest Generation"- those that lived during WWII. They worked hard. They prayed. They cared greatly for God, family, and country. Fr. Rogers encouraged my husband and I to raise Sam to be more of The Greatest Generation instead of the typical immoral culture of today. Of course he said this all so much more beautifully! I often worry about the moral decay of our society and how extremely difficult it will be to raise my children.

I think we are off to a good start getting Sam baptized and taking seriously the baptismal promises we made to care for our son. We picked some pretty great godparents as well. Ryan's brother is Sam's godfather and Michelle from Endless Strength, who has become a dear real-life friend, is godmother. It was a beautiful, grace-filled day.

This is what happens when Daddy is in charge of getting Joe ready for Mass...

Wearing the same suit his Daddy wore at his baptism!

Beautiful Michelle and her godson!

Washin' away that Original Sin!

The Lion King Moment

Fr. Rogers loves the babies!

Parent's Blessing

The Baptism Gang

Our little family!

6 comments:

Alzbeta said...

I admit to tearing up as I looked through this post... so beautiful! Congratulations, mama!

Catholic Mutt said...

Congratulations! And I love Joe's 'do.

Caitlin said...

Sooo exciting! Absolutely beautiful pictures! I love baptism! :)

Natalie said...

Love baptisms too! I have teared up at every baptism I've been to since becoming a parent.

Desirae said...

I love the pic of the parents blessing!

That Married Couple said...

Congratulations!! And I'm pretty sure you picked out a great godmother :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails