Thursday, August 2, 2012

Yesterday's Test

I forgot to update y'all on how my biophysical profile test went yesterday!

First of all, the ultrasound lady was very pleased with the fluid levels, the practice breaths and baby boy's movements. She said it is usually hard to get good measurements with a late third trimester ultrasound, but she was able to get great measurements.

She did say my placenta was showing signs of being mature, which is pretty normal at this stage. But the baby is still getting enough blood and oxygen through there so it's nothing to be concerned about at this point.

Her estimation for weight is 9 lbs 3 oz give or take 1.6 lbs. She said she doesn't think it's + 1.6 lbs and that ultrasound calcuations for this late in pregnancy are not very accurate. But considering Joe was 8 lbs 15 oz at 2 weeks early, I am not surprised at all about a big giant baby in there! She showed me his fat pad on his tummy... I can't wait to tickle that big ol' belly!

I got to see his chubby cheeks and his hand resting by his nose. I just CANNOT wait to meet this little dude!

She was very pleased with the test and said I passed with flying colors. She said she thinks I'm making the right choice to wait a few days to see if I go naturally, but wouldn't feel comfortable with me waiting far past Monday because of my placenta.

I am at peace again, especially since I know that my baby is healthy! I am so excited that soon he will be in my arms!

I am trying all the good stuff to try and coax him out naturally.


It has been fun! ;-)

6 comments:

November said...

You're cute :)

Joy said...

Yay for happy mommy and happy baby!!

That Married Couple said...

Great news!
And Greg swears it was the natural means (a ton of walking, pineapple, Mexican, and the "good stuff") all on the same day that brought labor on for me! ;)

Unknown said...

Ooh, I can't wait!! So excited to think that your baby might be here by Monday. I'll be saying extra prayers for you on your deliver.

Catholic Mutt said...

Glad the test went well! I'm excited that you get to meet him soon; here's hoping for the next day or so!

Colleen said...

I hope your husband is part of the plan to induce labor, if you know what I'm saying :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails