Friday, June 24, 2011

Ohmygoodness I almost forgot!

Joe slept in his own bed the entire night last night! He didn't sleep the entire time, but he didn't end up in bed with me!

I put him down around 9:00. I'm not sure why it was so late, but that is how it happened. He stayed asleep when I put him in the play pen which is an oddity. I observed him on the video monitor and he stayed asleep for a few hours just tossing and turning periodically but never fully waking up.

Around midnight he woke up. He stood up crying for a few minutes but then plopped back down into his usual lean-against-the-side-of-the-play-pen position. He fell back asleep and I saw him topple over with his butt still sticking in the air. I feel I'm getting over the "Oh my poor baby is all by his lonesome" feelings but I still worry he'll suffocate by having his face smooshed at the bottom of the playpen. I waited about 15 minutes and went in and laid him back down normally. He didn't wake.

I went to sleep in the guest room with the white glow of the video baby monitor fuzzing over my face. Around 2:15 a.m. he woke up and sat up and his cries were a little more urgent. He hadn't nursed since 9:00 which is one of the longest stretches he's gone in awhile so I figured he wanted to eat. I went in and nursed him in the bed in his room. I figured I was making a big mistake because surely I would fall asleep with him. But, no! After he was done eating I waited about 25 minutes until he was in a deep sleep and laid him back in the playpen. I went back to sleep in the guest room.

The next time he cried was around 5:30. I figured that was pretty darn good so I went in, laid in bed with him and nursed him. We slept until about 8:00. So yeah, he did sleep in the same bed as me, but having him sleep in his own bed for 8 hours and only waking up twice is pretty darn exciting!

I'm happy, but very tired today. I can't sleep well when he's not with me because I just have that dreading feeling that he's going to wake up any minute and I'll have to wake up, get out of bed and go get him.

Joe had a busy day today and went to sleep around 7:00. We'll see how tonight goes!

2 comments:

Catholic Mutt said...

That's awesome!

Patty said...

Yeah! Just wondering here...do you think he would be more comfy on a baby mattress than the play pen? That may also bring a more sound sleep.

Good for Joe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails