Friday, August 20, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday Vol. 16

1. On Tuesday I wrote a post about my fears of having a Godzilla-sized baby. The next day I had an ultrasound to see just how big this baby is. Since I'm so far along it was kind of hard to see his features- he's so squished in there! We got to see his chubby little foot and his big toe wiggle. We got to see his chest move up and down with each little "breath" he took. We could see a little bit of hair on his head. The most amazing thing was seeing his face. Instead of the scary looking skull face we saw during our 19 week ultrasound, you could see his chubby cheeks, his lips and his nose. It was amazing! And he's measuring 6 lbs 10 oz, which isn't too far from where he is supposed to be at 36 weeks. (Phew!)

2. The ultrasound has his due date pushed to two days earlier- on September 13th. That's the Kansas City Chiefs home opener against the Chargers. If that happens at least I'll have something to distract me. I can be a bit boisterous when it comes to football!

3. Ryan has another interview for the same position he tried for a couple months ago. We're praying hard again, and hoping that perhaps the second time is the charm. He's familiar with the interview questions, so that should help.

4. This may sound crazy- but hearing all the back to school stories and seeing the commercials make me miss school. I loved school when I was in elementary and high school. College was a bit of a different story... but I still enjoyed it for the most part. I guess I just miss doing something- anything with my time. Soon I'll have a little baby to keep me busy!

5. I can't wait until fall! The pretty leaves, the caramel candies and apples, pumpkins, football, hearty crock pot meals, snuggling under a blanket, the smell of burning leaves... oh- and COOLER WEATHER!

6. I'm reading a wonderful book by Anthony DeStefano called "Ten Prayers God Always Says Yes To." It has really boosted me from my spiritual blah-ness.

7. That's all, folks! Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Katie said...

I've been looking for a spiritual boost out of blah-ness! Thanks for the book recommendation! So excited for you as you prepare for this lil' guy to join your family. Prayers for a safe final month, and prayers for your husband's interview! Good luck!

Joy said...

So glad the ultrasound went well and baby's growth is right in line with where it should be.

I love the fall too, and while I'm trying to not wish away any part of this wonderful time, I am really looking forward to walking amongst those falling leaves with my new slightly larger family.

Katie S. said...

How exciting! I recently encountered a spiritual funk so decided to take it back to the basics: The Gospel of Matthew and daily Mass. SO good and SO rewarding!

Patty said...

Have a great weekend!

Rebecca said...

I am completely amazed by what ultrasound pictures show, it's almost unbelievable

Colleen said...

Aww, I can't wait to see a real picture of your little man when he is born :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails