Wednesday, August 4, 2010

100 Random Facts

I'm too tired to write anything profound. I've pretty much reverted to this:




I'm going to follow Kate Wicker's lead and write 100 random facts about myself. Thrilling, I know. Actually, I've noticed some bloggers doing this when they reach the milestone of writing their 100th post, but I forgot! I believe this post will be #126.



So here I go. Hope I don't bore you too much!


  1. When I was little, I used to sleep at the very edge of my tiny twin bed so my guardian angel would have enough room to sleep by me.

  2. I have 2 tattoos and I don't regret them one bit. One is a butterfly on my heel. The other is a Chinese symbol on my back that means "love." It probably actually means "stinky toilet brush licker" but we'll just pretend it means love, shall we?

  3. Before my spiritual growth spurt, I had my nose and belly button pierced. When my mom discovered my nose piercing she just shrugged her shoulders, shook her head and said, "Nothing surprises me anymore..."

  4. I learned my letters by watching "Wheel of Fortune." Don't laugh! I never went to preschool or Headstart and I was one of the first of my age group to learn to read!

  5. Because of my love of "Wheel of Fortune" I frequently imitated Vanna White when I was little.

  6. I also imitated Mary Lou Retton and the Blessed Virgin Mary. I couldn't decide between a leotard or rosary beads.

  7. We lived across the street from the Catholic Church and whenever I saw the nuns in their habits walk into the church I would yell out to mom, "Look, it's the Virgin Mary!"

  8. I have to have my toe nails painted at all times. Even in winter.

  9. The first song Ryan and I danced to as a married couple was "Forever" by the Beach Boys.

  10. I played alto clarinet in high school band, piano in jazz band and was part of the color guard in marching band.

  11. My favorite Harry Potter characters are Ginny, Snape and Neville.

  12. My favorite Harry Potter book is Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince.

  13. I almost went skydiving once but couldn't because of the weather.

  14. I've never been in an airplane, so my first time up would have involved me jumping out in midair!

  15. The reason I hate butter is because my babysitter wouldn't let me leave the dinner table until I ate EVERYTHING and she always served a piece of bread with butter on it. I didn't like butter then, but I would have to force myself to eat the whole thing and gag over and over if I wanted to go play with my friends who were having fun. I know it was just a small piece of bread but it might as well been as big as a pizza box!

  16. I giggle at words like poopie and toot. I swear I have a 14 year old boy living inside me.

  17. My husband has turned me into a geek. I love comic books, Star Wars, TRON, sports statistics and history, video games... He mentioned how badly he wanted to go to Comic-Con and I secretly wish that we COULD go someday. OK... so maybe I always was a geek and he just brought me out of my shell....

  18. My greatest hero is my big brother, even though he annoys the crap out of me 90% of the time. :-)

  19. I can wiggle my ears.

  20. The only leftovers I like are Thanksgiving leftovers.

  21. I know Easter is the most important holiday. I totally get that. But my favorite holiday is still Christmas.

  22. My favorite Disney princess is Belle.

  23. That also means my favorite Disney movie is Beauty and the Beast.

  24. My confirmation saint is St. Cecilia- patron saint of music.

  25. I found out I was pregnant on January 1st. What a wonderful way to start the new year!

  26. The reason our first child- our angel baby, is named Gus is because we found out about the miscarriage on August 28th- the feast day of St. Augustine of Hippo.

  27. I used to hate roller coasters when I was little. Now I LOVE them!

  28. I call it pop, not soda.

  29. My favorite pop is Mr. Pibb.

  30. I am convinced the baby will come 2 days early- on the Kansas City Chief's home opener!

  31. I learned how to swing dance in high school and I loved it. I hope to take more lessons again someday!

  32. My favorite season of the year is fall.

  33. I have recurring nightmares of Jurassic Park.

  34. My favorite books growing up were Babysitter's Club and Little House on the Prairie.

  35. I wish I had a clothes line to hang up our clothes.

  36. I never liked boy bands like Backstreet Boys or N'Sync while I was a teen.

  37. My career goals as a child were: Olympic swimmer, Olympic gymnast, teacher and actress.

  38. I quit my first college hoping to start an acting career. Well, that was just one of many reasons I quit!

  39. To start off my acting career I auditioned for the Broadway musical The Lion King.

  40. I was practically laughed out of the audition.

  41. That was the end of my pursuit as an actress.

  42. I'm still glad I auditioned, though. It was definitely a once in a life time experience!

  43. I thought about trying out for American Idol a couple summers ago but never got around to it.

  44. I snort when I am laughing really hard.

  45. When I was about 5 or 6 I had a cat named Demi. One day Demi ran away. I sat on the front porch with a bowl of food waiting for him to return. He never did.

  46. When I was about 13 I found out at my niece's birthday party that Demi never ran away. He died under my brother's bed and they never told me the truth!

  47. When I was little I begged Santa for a Barbie car- the kind you can actually drive in.

  48. I did get a Barbie car that Christmas- for my Barbies to ride it, not me. Santa must have misunderstood.

  49. I have vowed since then that my future daughter WILL have a Barbie car she can drive.

  50. I once scored the winning point during a Jr. High volleyball tournament.

  51. I played shortstop and catcher in elementary softball.

  52. I had an imaginary friend named Tony.

  53. My greatest fear is driving off a bridge into a large body of water.

  54. I was a lifeguard for a couple years in high school.

  55. I won a dance contest at my senior prom.

  56. My favorite color is green.

  57. My first car was a 1988 (?) Plymouth Horizon. It had no power steering and the front windshield washer fluid would sometimes squirt over the car to the back window.

  58. I have green eyes, but they change color depending on my mood. My husband says they change to blue when I'm mad. He would certainly know!

  59. Mom was right- I regret quitting piano lessons.

  60. I wanted to backpack through Europe. I had big dreams.

  61. In high school we had to write down our goals after we graduated. Mine was to become a pediatrician, move to New York for a couple years, move back home, get married and have 5-7 children.

  62. I have been life flighted- kind of. I played a part in a docu-drama of a drunk driving accident.

  63. I have never been east of Jefferson City, MO.

  64. As a child I was deathly afraid of thunderstorms, the wind blowing and fireworks. I mean, it was so bad my mom thought I had problems.

  65. I now love thunderstorms!

  66. I have dyed my hair so many times I am not quite sure of my natural color!

  67. My best friend and I have been best friends since 5th grade.

  68. She called to ask if I was going to join basketball.

  69. We ended up talking for hours underneath our dining room tables.

  70. I have a potty mouth.

  71. I have never had surgery or a broken bone.

  72. Well, I have had a broken pinky finger because once Ryan was tickling me, so when I punched him he held up his elbow in defense and I punched that and broke my pinky.

  73. In 4th grade I insisted on being called Margaret.

  74. That lasted about 3 days.

  75. I am named Margaret Amy because I was born on my grandmother's birthday and her name is also Margaret Amy.

  76. I used to ghost hunt in high school.

  77. That basically means my friends and I explored abandoned houses and cemeteries.

  78. We never provoked any spirits and always prayed before and after just to be on the safe side.

  79. My friends and I once tried cow tipping. However, when we were climbing the fence to get to the cows, someone accidentally tapped the feed bucket and about 30 cows started coming at us at a fast rate of speed. There's nothing like shining your flashlight and seeing 30 dark objects coming at you with green glowing eyes. We hauled out of there quickly. I think that's God's way of telling us, "Don't be dumb."

  80. I'm not much of a cook, but I do love to bake.

  81. I used to have a huge gap between my two front teeth, but they grew together naturally- no braces needed!

  82. I wanted to play the flute in high school but was told my fingers were too short.

  83. Writing is one of my passions.

  84. I have tons of stories that I wrote as a little kid, but I never got around to finish them.

  85. One was about a rich girl whose parents ignored her. She was cast overboard a cruise ship and someone found her. I can't remember how the rest of it was supposed to go.

  86. I have always hated the movie Grease. Sandy has to change her whole self- both inside and out for her greaser boyfriend. I don't think Danny should have tried to change himself either. If they truly loved each other they would have accepted each other for who they were!

  87. However, I still like the songs from the musical...

  88. I was a cheerleader in high school.

  89. My favorite sport to watch is football.

  90. I threw the discus my senior year of high school. Just for fun.

  91. I used to work at a hospital. I did laundry and did general housekeeping.

  92. I talk to my mom pretty much everyday on the phone. If I don't, something just doesn't feel right.

  93. My mom is one of my best friends, which is funny because we were mortal enemies when I was in high school. (At least from my perspective!)

  94. I have a birthmark on my upper right arm. It's a little larger than a quarter and it's a bunch of big dark freckles all clustered together.

  95. I've never had the chicken pox.

  96. I have seen every episode of Friends at least 3 times.

  97. I'm Team Edward.

  98. There was one Thanksgiving we celebrated at my uncle's house. When one of my cousins asked how I liked Kindergarten I said, "It sucks!" I learned that language from my brother.

  99. My weirdest pregnancy craving has been corn dogs.

  100. I could eat a whole plate of deviled eggs.

Wow. That was a lot harder than I thought! I hope you enjoyed these random tidbits!




7 comments:

Catholic Mutt said...

Those were fun! :)

Melissa said...

This was fun! I have Jurassic Park nightmares too, they are horrible! This is why I have never and will never watch a real horror movie.
I would love to get my nose peirced at some point, did it hurt alot?

Lacey R said...

Re: #28 - pop/soda....Maggie, you must be channelling your Canadian side....Canadians call soda "pop".

Ditto #34 (Babysitters Club books - I had almost the entire collection), #36 (never liking boy bands in the 90s) and #100 (eating a whole plate of devilled eggs...I have! hehe)

Joy said...

That was great, I hope if you ever do come east you come visit!!

That Married Couple said...

Wow, I was impressed you got a full 100!

28. Soda here, but my dad says "sodee pop" which I sometimes use for kicks.

34. Me too! Oh, and I read the Sweet Valley series, too.

35. Ditto again! Is there no way you can put one up at your new house?

63. You're not missing that much :) Well, you should at least make it to the Mississippi, but no need to go past that (says the biased girl who wants desperately to move back to Missouri). How far west have you been?

86/87. I hate the ending of Grease but enjoy the songs, too!

99. Yum! I haven't had one of those in ages!

Katie said...

I love the one about your mom being your best friend! So sweet!

Rae said...

You need to come east. You can visit me!

And I made Josh a plate of deviled eggs for lunch. I figured that it was actually pretty healthy since I didn't put much fat in the yokes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails