Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Our Song


The awesome Katie at NFP and Me has a great link-up going on at her blog inviting us to share our wedding song! I've already kind of told my story why we picked the song that we did here, but I'll expand the details!

1. What's your song?

The song we picked is called "Forever" by the Beach Boys.



2. Did you always have a song or did you have to find one?

Ryan and I never had a song while dating. I had friends who shared songs with their beloved, but I always felt it was kind of high school-ish. Neither Ryan and I don't have that uber-romantic spark, which I guess makes us perfect for each other!

3. Why did you pick this song?

When it came time to find the song we wanted to use for our first dance as husband and wife Ryan and I were clueless. I told Ryan that I'd go through some songs and run them by him. We wanted something different. We didn't want something modern. We wanted something special.

I suddenly remembered one of my favorite TV weddings- the wedding of Jesse Katsopolis and Rebecca Donaldson on Full House. Jesse sat down at the piano and sang a song, complete with a stringed orchestra and Gospel choir. I searched high and low to see if I could get it in a downloadable version. In my search I came to find out that this song was originally by the Beach Boys. (Which makes sense it was featured on Full House. Those guys were on it practically as much as Kimmy Gibler!)I Googled a video of the song and fell in love. It was simple and sweet.

I played it for Ryan and he stood up and took me in his arms to dance with him. While swaying to the music, listening to his heartbeat and feeling safe and warm in his arms I knew that this was the perfect song.

4. What does the song mean to you?

The lyrics are very simple. One lyric that repeats is, "I've been so happy loving you." That is the truth, plain and simple, for our relationship.

5. How has the meaning changed since you first chose it?

It hasn't, much. We're just more in love now. Our relationship is stronger. Forever is the title of the song and that's what our marriage is all about. No matter how much we bug each other and bicker- we're in it for the long haul!

Go to Katie's blog and tell her about your song!

3 comments:

Katie@NFP and Me said...

Oh Full House!! I didn't recognize the song at first but then when you mentioned Uncle Jesse I knew exactly what you were talking about! (And what's the deal? Why were The Beach Boys always on there?!?)

Thanks for sharing your story!

Jenny said...

love the song, love you, love your hubby and your growing, beautiful family!

Sarah said...

So sweet! I love it!

Your wedding photos are so beautiful. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails