Monday, March 26, 2012

Moving is Hell

Moving sucks. While I am very glad to have our own place, I HATE unpacking and organizing and finding a place for everything. Plus, I've had no internet service so I feel like a pioneer woman who should be churning butter or something!

Joe is NOT adjusting well to the move. At all. It's been hell here. It's been quite an adjustment for me as well. Doesn't quite feel like "home" yet and I hate that!

Yesterday Ryan and I decided to take a break and relax and go see The Hunger Games in theaters. I'm such a dumb@ss thinking that watching that movie would cause my tension to go away. I've read the books- I knew it wouldn't be like watching a rom-com or something stupid. I got back to our apartment even more anxious than I was when we left.

But we find out the gender of this little knucklehead floating inside me on Wednesday! That gives me something to look forward to!

I just wanted to interrupt this blog silence with some randomness. Have a good day!

10 comments:

Katie said...

I am with you on the tension of moving, but what great timing to find out the baby's gender! Your new place will be perfect for the arrival of your little one in no time. :)

Rebecca said...

Moving does suck - but yay for having your own place to call home and for finding out if baby is a boy or girl!

Joe looked adorable sleeping in his bed :).

Jenny said...

We find out next Monday whether we will be welcoming a son or daughter. Can't wait to hear what you find out on Wednesday! Hang in there, it will feel like home soon enough.

Joy said...

Sorry for all the moving stress ~ hope it gets better soon. Love Joe's new bed, hope he settles in soon and Baby #2 cooperates on Weds.

Unknown said...

Moving may be hell, but having to wait months on end to move is even worse. I can't wait to move out of my house, even with all the ensuing chaos. I'm excited to see what your next child will be. Joe is going to be so happy to have another sibling!

Colleen said...

Oh I feel your pain! We moved 9 times in the first few years of our marriage, and the last time we moved (7 years ago) Phil said "That's it, we are DYING in this house". But now we are about to put that house on the market ;) And I can't wait to see what the baby is!!!!

Catholic Mutt said...

I hate moving! Even when it's a good thing, I hate it. I moved twice in 2011, so my goal is to not move at all in 2012! It definitely takes some time to get settled in and feel at home. Hope you feel settled soon!

Rae said...

Josh hates moving too, but I try to see it as a great chance to de-clutter and get rid of everything that isn't actually helping our home. And having less stuff to clean/clean around is always nice. ;-)

I hope that things get better for you soon!

Alzbeta said...

Moving is so rough! We still have a couple of boxes from our move last year that need to be sorted... (yes, I know, ridiculous!) We've moved every year since we got married... I can't wait to be settled somewhere!

How exciting that you're finding out if you're carrying a baby girl or boy! YAY!

Les @ LPN Salary said...

Yes, ranting is good every once in a while. There's always both good and bad sides to things (including moving house)! Congratulations (house + new baby)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails