Friday, January 29, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday Vol. 7

1.

The sun has been shining the past couple of days! Praise be to God! The no sun, the fog and gloom have really been affecting my mood! This winter has been rough....I am so ready for spring!

2.

One thing that has uplifted my spirits is the new bird feeder my husband bought to put outside our patio doors. Some beautiful cardinals and other pretty birds that I don't know the names of have visited and brought a little joy to our life. My mom said that once I start feeding the birds I won't be able to stop. She was right! I feel guilty whenever the bird feeder is empty!

3.

I went with my mom to one of her meetings in Jefferson City. It was really neat to wander around the capital building. However, after seeing all those politicians, plus hearing Obama's State of the Union address, I've officially determined that I hate politics. I know the goal of politics is supposed to be a good one, but man what a stressful job that must be. I've seen politics divide families and cause hurt feelings.

4.

I've been thinking a lot about "turn the other cheek." At what point do you keep quiet or stand up for yourself? I'm going to write a blog post about this in the future.

5.

Ryan and I have been thinking about buying a new washer and dryer. However, the only kind that will fit in our apartment is a stackable washer and dryer. I never realized how much more expensive stackables are compared to regular side-by-sides. I'm ready to do laundry in our own place instead of going over to our neighbors or across the street to the motel's laundry room!

6.

Speaking of living in an apartment.... I'm ready to live in a house. OK, so I've been ready to live in a house since I've lived in my very first apartment!

7.

I just got off the phone with my dad. He's been doing well after his surgery. Coughing is still painful, but he hasn't smoked one single cigarette since before his surgery! I'm very happy that he is doing well! Thanks again for all your prayers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had to buy a new washer/dryer about three years ago. It was crazy. We had side-by-side, but knew that stackable would fit better (the side-by-side were just what we had when we moved into the house...so we made it work).

We got stackable HE Washer and Dryer and we LOVE them!

One thing you might try is an outlet center. We went to the sears place that is on Front Street here in KC and got a great deal on HE washer and dryer that had a ding here or there, but worked fine (but they had to mark down since they weren't "perfect")

Catholic Mutt said...

I'm with you on being DONE with apartments. On the other hand, I'm very commitment phobic when it comes to mortgages!

Rae said...

I feel the same way about the sun. And I am glad that your dad is doing better.

Katie said...

Isn't it amazing how sun can change your whole perspective? I'm happy that your dad is doing better!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails