Friday, December 3, 2010

Poor Baby...


My poor little man is sick. The past week he's been somewhat congested, fussy and not eating as much as he usually does. But these past two days has been horrible- last night being the worst. He couldn't breathe through his nose because it was full of snot. No amount of snot sucking or saline and water solution was clearning him up.

He was up most of the night because he couldn't breathe and was extremely fussy. I took him to the bathroom and sat him in the bouncer while I turned the shower on super hot to steam the bathroom. That helped a little bit but after awhile he became miserable once again.

We took him to the doctor this morning and they ordered a chest x-ray to see if he had pneumonia. Thankfully he doesn't have that but does have to be on antibiotics for a few days.

We take the ability to blow our noses for granted! He'd feel so much better if he could just blow that snot out or hock a loogie!

I hate seeing him so miserable. My heart breaks for him and I wish I could take his pain away. This is his first time being really sick. I never knew just how hard it would be to see my child so helpless. I know he will get better and be a little tougher because of this, but it still is hard on both of us!

Even though he's sick doesn't he look absolutely adorable in the picture above? Note the scarcely decorated Christmas tree in the background. We haven't had time to finish decorating, but that's alright- I'm loving the extra cuddle time!

3 comments:

Abby said...

Praying for your little man, and you! My baby had a cold like that last March, when she was about 9 months old. It was awful - just like you said, you couldn't suck or wipe or do anything to really clear her nose. She nurses to get back to sleep most nights and so she wasn't sleeping well at all. We, too, took to "steaming" her in the shower multiple times per night - so much that our electric bill (electric hot water heater) rose $40 that month!

I don't have any good advice because there's not much you can do other than help them get better on their own, but I do very much feel that pain. The only consolation is that they get better at breathing through colds as they get older! I also found that propping myself and her more upright (i.e. putting her in the nook of my arm, and being semi-sitting myself) helped a lot.

Joy said...

Hope he is feeling better, we are now using a humidifier in our room at night to help with our little guy's congestion. Big hugs ~ you are right, it is so hard to watch them be uncomfortable.

Patty said...

Ah. That is so hard when the babies are sick with head colds. Poor fella. Hope he feels better soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails