Friday, October 29, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday Vol. 18


1. While buying Halloween candy at Wal-Mart the other day I wondered aloud to my husband if they already had Christmas stuff out. He told me they did. As I began to make a bee-line towards that section my husband stopped me. "Let's wait until after Halloween before we look at Christmas stuff." Yes, I'm one of those people who love Christmas so much that I don't mind all the merriment and cheer starting the day after Halloween!

2. Speaking of the holiday season, one of my favorite traditions is bringing out my Winter Candy Apple lotion from Bath and Body Works. I usually don't whip it out until December but I thought, "What the heck" and started putting it on this week. Maybe that's why I'm in such a Christmas-y mood!


3. My dog, Chandler, has such bad allergies that his skin is starting to get infected. We've taken him to the vet and got some antibiotics. Ryan always gives him his pill in a peanut butter sandwich. Today was the first time that I have given him his pill. I gave him his sandwich then went to switch over the laundry. As I was walking toward the living room I saw Chandler standing on the couch in a strange manner. He was burying his sandwich in the blankets on the couch! Needless to say, I'm glad I caught him doing it because I have more important things to do rather than clean peanut butter of my rear end!


4. I got my chair chopped off a couple weeks ago. It's amazing what a new hairstyle can do as a pick-me-up! Plus, I'm back to my natural hair color! It's been 13 years since I first used Sun-In to color my hair!


5. Big game for Mizzou tomorrow against Nebraska! I'm more nervous for this game than I was last week against #1 Oklahoma!


6. My mom got a new laptop with a webcam so she and I have been using Skype. Mom loves it so she can see Joe. I love it so I don't get a crook in my neck holding the phone to my shoulder with my chin while I'm holding Joe! Well, that, and a chance to see my beautiful mother!


7. My adventures as a first time mother are going great! I have a post in the works about breastfeeding. I'm hoping this won't turn into a blog JUST about Joe and his bowel movements and such. But this blog is about my life and Joe is a humungo ginormous part of my life, so I am going to subject you to posts from time to time about his first smiles, my difficulties using a baby sling and how I think it's hilarious how he farts in his sleep.


Here is a video of my sweet precious Joe. I know he's too young to laugh, but I swear he's chuckling at me! Just ignore the silly sounds I'm making.


10 comments:

That Married Couple said...

Your new header looks good!

1. I am always really good about waiting to do Christmas until after Thanksgiving... until today, when I was frustrated with the radio stations and just had to put in a Christmas cd. It made my day!

3. Haha!

6. My mom is really antsy to get a webcam so she can skype with us, too!

7. I think you have a good approach, and personally I can't wait to read and learn from all your posts about new motherhood! (For example, I really want to wear out baby, but I practiced with a doll the other day and it did not go well!)

Melissa said...

#1 I am the same way. :) I was listening to Christmas music the other day. :)

#7 Don't worry about it. :) I blog about what I think about, and thats kind of convoluted sometimes!

Melissa said...

Oh, and he is such smiler! I LOVE the pictures in the header.

Patty said...

Bought my advent candles two weeks ago!

Little Joe is so so so cute! I could gobble him up!

Maria D. @ DownrightDomesticity said...

#7- I always worry that my blog is too baby-heavy, but ya know what, when you have a newborn, that baby is your LIFE- your days revolve around feeding and changing said baby- so naturally, that's what you're going to blog about. BTW, I personally love reading about other people's lives with their babies, so maybe it's not such a bad thing. :-)

Joy said...

The banner looks great!!

I really like Thanksgiving and harvesty smells ~ but starting the weekend after Thanksgiving it is all about Advent/Christmas.

I also worry that my blog is too kid heavy. but currently that is what is on my heart and mind.

Catholic Mutt said...

Your header is so cute! How'd you do it?

Loved the video, I always forget how great baby noises are. They don't make noises like that for very long.

As far as a blog being "baby heavy", you know what? I wouldn't worry about it. The thing I love about blogs is that they are a way for people to share their various experiences. And what a great experience this is! Plus, he's so cute, what else would you talk about? :)

It is true that sometimes people like me who are not mothers will not always have as many comments to some of those posts, because we don't have the experience you do. But that shouldn't determine what you write about. Not on a personal blog.

Katie said...

1. I'm the same way about Christmas! 'Tis the season! I watch Christmas movies year-round!

2. That sounds wonderful! I was really into Philosophy's Candy Cane bubble bath last year, so I'll have to check out Bath and Body Works Winter Candy Apple!

3. What a hoot!

4. In the end, I believe Sheryl Crow was singing about hair...'A change will do you good!'

7. I admire you in your video and think that there isn't enough of your sweet little bugger to go around! What a precious little guy! And as for talking about him, we want to hear about it all! So you better 'subject' us to it! Great to have you back on the blog!

Sarah said...

I love your header -- how did you make it?

I love the winter candy apple scent too, but right now I'm really into the sweet cinnamon pumpkin soap they make. Its really nice.

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love the pics in your header! I love Christmas, but I do get a little bit annoyed when it all starts too early...But then again I am a HUGE Thanksgiving DAy fan, too!

And...I figured MU ought to be nervous about Nebraska...Nebraska is GOOD. Not than MU isn't, but I just didn't think they had played any team near as good as Nebraska yet. OH and it was major annoying to listen to talk radio fawn all over MU all week, to where I was a little happy they lost (sorry...can we still be friends???)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails