Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Happy Heart

Today I was wanting to write a post about "Why does God let bad things happen?"

But when I would open my laptop, I felt no motivation to write. Is it because I'm too tired? No.. I am finally regaining some energy after weeks of fatigue and exhaustion. Is it because I'm lazy? Hmmm... I don't think so. I want to write.

I finally realized why I don't want to write about such a heavy topic.

I am in a fantastic mood!

Why? Because SPRING IS HERE!

On Monday the weather was so nice we were able to open our windows. The fresh air and cool breeze felt amazing. Monday was also the day the one restaurant where we live re-opens for the spring/summer season. (It's closed during the winter... much to my dismay!) Of course Ryan and I ordered our supper from there. I got a nice juicy hamburger.. a food item that always reminds me of summertime!

Yesterday it rained. Glorious puddles were formed. The last form of precipitation we've had for months is snow, ice, sleet, freezing rain... all that yucky stuff. After the rain passed, we took a walk. I love that rainy, springy, new-life a'growin' smell!

Today I took another walk. I was able to walk in jeans and a t-shirt and I got a little too warm! And there are thunderstorms predicted tonight. I LOVE thunderstorms!

This winter has been rough. I don't think I've ever experienced such a long and depressing winter season. I remember last year wanting winter to be over badly because spring meant two wonderful things: our wedding (in April) and my graduation from college (in May.) Maybe since I've unemployed this winter has seemed to draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag on.

I'm sitting here writing while our patio doors are open, birds chirping joyfully out in the timber behind our apartment and Chandler snoozing away on the couch. I know that we will probably have another week of freezing temperatures, maybe some more snow (oh please Lord... NO!) But I will take these warm, glorious spring days as a blessing.

My heart is too happy to write about why God allows bad things to happen. I'm focusing on the good he is giving us.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't it amazing how God can turn our lives around? Sometimes it seems that when things seem the most difficult, that there is always a rainbow ahead. Hooray for spring and birds and sunshine (which we could really use around here).

Katie said...

Don't you just LOVE it?!?! Even though the weather is still a bit cold, the birds are chirping and the sun it out!! Praise God!

That Married Couple said...

Yes, this year spring feels like even more of a cause for celebration!

Melissa said...

I am just DYING for spring. This winter had been so so long. But God is so good, and I know that I have grown and changed this winter in many ways. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails