Friday, February 1, 2013

7 Quick Takes: What My Toddler Did Today Edition


Today is a day from toddler crazy world.

But as it usually goes, for every moment where I want to do this:



Joe comes up to me and gives me a hug and says "Wuv you! hrtlu-ee" which is his way of apologizing.


Then I feel like the shittiest mother ever for having screamed at him so much that some Latin came spilling out.

So here are some of the funny and naughty things he's done today. Most of this was done before 9:30 a.m.


1. 
I gave Joe some toast for breakfast. He usually eats it at the table in the living room while he watches PBS cartoons. When he is finished he always takes his bowl and puts in in the sink. Today was no different. Except for what transpired after.

"Bowl!"

I go to the sink and hand him the bowl.

"Bowl!"


"Do you want this bowl?"

"NO! Bowl!"


I go to the cabinet and get him a clean bowl.

"Do you want this bowl?"

He takes the bowl.

"BOWL!"

"You already have a bowl. I'm not getting you another."

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWL!"

"What is it you want? Do you want your vitamin in the bowl"

"Oh, no, no, no! BOOOOOOWL"

I make about 20 more suggestions. No progress.



"WHAT DO YOU WAAAAAAAAANT?!


"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWL"

I take the bowl, pretend to put it back, but end up giving it right back to him.


*Skips away happily*

*Mommy face palm*

2.
Joe attempted to flush a whole roll of toilet paper. I'm not kidding. Thankfully I got there in time to prevent that disaster.

3.
However, Joe kept flushing the toilet over and over again and saying "Bye bye, turtle!" That was pretty cute.
Untill he stuck his head in the bowl and yelled to hear his echo.

4. 
I play Raffi Radio on Pandora and Joe loves to dance around. But whenever a commercial comes on he says, "Sad." and pretends to cry. Such a sweetie. I tried to explain it was a commercial and it would be over soon. So everytime after that when I commercial would play he'd come up to the computer and yell "SHELL!!!! GO!!!"

5.
Today he discovered the joy of acting like a dog. He crawled around for a good 20  minutes with a ball in his mouth and occasionally barked. He'd come over for a pat on the head from me and be on his merry way.




6.
Sam got his first two teeth in a matter of 3 days. Joe keeps saying "No teeth!" I tried showing him Sam's teeth. This was a mistake because I had run over multiple times to prevent Joe from yanking Sam's mouth open to look for his teeth.

7.
Some days are more toddler-like than others. Some days I have loads of patience and think, "Wow, I'm finally getting the hang of this motherhood thing." Other days I'm like "Ahh, hell... what the eff did I get myself into?!"

My guess is that's how it's going to be for years and years to come. Joe will be a teenager and insist he has no B.O. and won't cut his hair and I'll be all like "What the crap?"





Uruk-hai make better parents than I do sometimes....

God smiled down on me today. There was  knock on the door around lunchtime. I'm very cautious when it comes to opening the door when I don't expect any visitors. When I opened it there was my knight in shining armour, the love of my life. My husband! He got off work early and surprised me.

I handed him the baby, ran past the toddler, stepped out on our balcony and did this:






Have a great weekend everybody! Go visit Jen for more Quick Takes!

5 comments:

Alzbeta said...

I totally just did an inner leap for joy (there's no real leaping going on for this pregnant lady) when you said your hubby came home early. YESSSSSSS weekend!

Unfortunately for our little Nugget, I am entirely too short of patience today, more because of the pregnancy and awful night's sleep I had than anything she's done.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, sometimes toddler days are very trying. but they can be fun. and I totally laughed out loud that Joe put his head in the toilet bowl. Boys!!! I swear my girls never tried any of that stuff...but my boys.....oh my!!

Joy said...

Hears to seeing the silver amongst the tin ~ and knights showing up just in time.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Colleen said...

Oh my gosh, I love toddlers. Especially boys. What a nice surprise from your hubby!

Natalie said...

Raffi radio?! Oh my gosh, I am off to turn it on (and both my kids are in bed)... they will love it!

I am lucky Jack never found the potty that interesting... now Christopher, he already likes to flushed. I'm scared sh!tless of what he will flush down the toilet someday.

Just wait til Sam thinks it's hilarious to open his mouth to show his brother (or Daddy) new teeth then bite down hard and crack up when they scream. I just tell Jack that he should've left his brother alone... payback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails