Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wondering Wednesdays Vol. 9: Boy or Girl?


Tomorrow I have my 2nd trimester ultrasound. We have decided to find out the sex of the baby. So of course I am wondering- boy or girl?

I keep thinking it is a boy, but I keep having dreams that Baby C is a girl. Ryan keeps saying he thinks it is a girl, but I think he's doing it just to ruffle my feathers.

I wonder if this child will have inherited both his mommy and daddy's stubbornness and have his or her legs crossed to where we can't see the little private parts on the ultrasound. Thankfully my next doctor's appointment is next Tuesday, and doc said if we can't tell the sex tomorrow, then we can check at his office.

If Baby C is a girl.... will she be a girlie girl? I never really was. I liked dressing up for special occasions (sometimes) but am much more of a jeans and t-shirt gal. I did admire Disney Princesses, but also loved Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Power Rangers.

Will she be the kind of teenager like I was? If karma is real...... I am in deep, deep, deeeeeeep trouble! I am not ready for that!

Will she and I be super close? Or will she be a Daddy's girl? Will she be funny? Will she be serious?

If Baby C is a boy, will be be a rambunctious little fellow? (Like his Daddy...) Will he follow his dad around and watch ESPN with him, watch geeky movies and go to Toys R Us to look for action figures?

Will he be an athletic super star? Or will he want to be on the chess team? Either way, him getting involved in something would thrill us to death!

Will he want to tinker with stuff? Build things?

Will he be super protective of his mommy and other siblings? Will he have a deep respect and honor for women? My husband does toward his mom and sister, so I'm sure he will instill that in his son.

Regardless of if this child is a girl or a boy... what will he or she be like as the oldest child? (if God does let us have more than one child.) Will they be spoiled? A leader?

I'm wondering so many things today. We are beyond excited to learn more about this little one growing inside me! I think I'll go clean the entire apartment... that should make today go by faster, right?

Our appointment is at 4:00 in the afternoon, and thankfully my mom will be coming to distract me during the day. Look for a post later tomorrow night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Fun, fun!

Will she be a girly-girl? Well...she may end up being girly-girl for the first 6 years of her life and then being jeans-and-t-shirt-gal afterwards. you just never know.

Will he be rambunctious boy? Um...I think "rambunctious boy" is redundant. :)

So much fun and I am so excited for you! Ugh...reading your blog is making me want another baby and I just don't think that now is the time...but you just never know, do ya? :)

Monique said...

Super exciting!!

Bernie said...

Oh Maggie I'm sorry as well as a bit confused, I thought your brother had told us the sex and the name......was he teasing you and fooling me.....was I the only one who fell for it?.....that's ok, good luck tomorrow and I know you will love this baby no matter what the gender.......:-)Hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails