Friday, March 19, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday Vol. 11

Check out more 7 Quick Takes at Jennifer's Conversion Diary!

1.

I. am. so. tired.

My mom and I went shopping today for maternity clothes. In these past 2 weeks my belly has ballooned and it isn't all flab or Taco Bell gas. I'm finding it hard to sleep on my stomach, which I have always done, because it feels I'm sleeping on a small speed bump. Plus with being as short as I am- there's no room for the baby to grow except for OUT! I wonder if I'll ever start to topple over in the later months.

2.

Shopping was fun for the most part. I'm one of those strange types of girls and usually HATE shopping. I'm at such a strange size right now. I'm bigger than I was 14 weeks ago, but I'm not quite to the size where maternity clothes look cute. I kind of look dumpy, but I know the cute preggo look will arrive soon. (I hope!)

3.

Today was awesome while hanging out with mom. We giggled a lot. I made her go look at every baby department in every store we went to. Trying on clothes was more fun than usual since she was there with me.

4.

While we were in the Target baby section I talked to mom about my decision to use cloth diapers. Yes, we'll use disposables when we go to the grandparents' house or out of town, but I just think it would be a great money saver (plus the little environmentalist inside me thinks it would be good for the environment too!) A young woman came up to me and said, "I heard you talking about cloth diapers." I figured she would call me crazy or criticize, but she said she just put her third child in cloth diapers after using disposable diapers and loved it!

I'm liking the baby advice now and am open to it. (I guess I need all the reassurance I can get after my fears of raising a psycho killer.) I bet later on down the road the "helpful" advice will get old.

5.

Ryan and I are on the fence on whether or not to find out the sex of the baby. I know lots of people want to find out to be prepared, to be able to better bond with the baby, etc. That's not the case at all with me. I know I can get the right clothes later and no matter what I'm going to bond with this baby. I'm just a nosy-noserson. I HAVE to know things! I'm way too impatient!

6.

This weekend is my hometown parish's 47th annual spring dinner that it holds for the whole town. It's so awesome to work with my old parish family plus see a lot of people I haven't seen for awhile! Plus the food is a.ma.zing!

7.

Happy Feast of St. Joseph! After our Blessed Mother, St. Joseph is my favorite saint. He's my homeboy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Maggie,
We used basic cloth diapers from toys r us with plastic covers. It worked great for us until she outgrew them around the age of 8 or 9 months. I really miss them too, they save so much money! Plus I love the way they look hanging out on the line on a bright sunny day (another thing you have to look forward to).
I did not know if Susi was going to be a girl or a boy until after she was born. In my heart, I knew she was going to be a girl and the night before we got the call about her arrival, I dreamed of a baby girl.
Happy feast of St. Joseph!

Rae said...

I am the same way about hating shopping. I am glad that you were able to have fun with your mother. It sounds like she made the trip!

That Married Couple said...

What a fun time shopping! I'm glad you and your mom were able to enjoy it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails